It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World RBW Members General Section General Rebreather Diving

Old 16th July 2013, 18:48   #1
SlicerDicer
RBW Member

MK15/Inspiration Vision
SlicerDicer is on a distinguished road SlicerDicer is on a distinguished road
Horrific Shark Torture..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=P7aPFmfk1QM

Can we please put this guy.. Jamie Illistom blacklisted... Who the hell thinks this is ok to molest a shark like this...

(Offline)

Old 16th July 2013, 19:15   #2
RBW Member

.12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Horrific Shark Torture..

Torture and molestation? Dosen't seem much worse than the guys on Discovery or NG that flips nurse and bull sharks on their back to "paralyse" them into a trance.

But better leave all the sea creatures alone and watch them with your eyes only unless you plan on eating them
(Offline)

Old 16th July 2013, 19:23   #3
undrh2o
Chris Miller

Dolphin (Atlantis)
IDA-71
undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough

Seems they make a habit out of molesting wildlife their main page shows a moray getting a grab. Instructors > Jamie Illistom PADI IDC Staff Instructor / TXR Instructor - Sydney Dive Academy - Learn to Dive Sydney

Just a thought - perhaps PADI Asia would like to hear about their treatment of wildlife from concerned citizens

PADI ASIA PACIFIC
Unit 3, 4 Skyline Place
Frenchs Forest
New South Wales 2086
Sydney, Australia
Telephone – + 61 2 9454 2888
Fax - + 61 2 9454 2999
Email: padi@padi.com.au

Last edited by undrh2o; 16th July 2013 at 19:26.. Reason: added info
(Offline)

Old 16th July 2013, 19:32   #4
undrh2o
Chris Miller

Dolphin (Atlantis)
IDA-71
undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough

ugh.. it just goes on and on.

The gallery on their site has:
-handling unexploded munitions
-handling artifacts on a protected wreck (wearing a hlment while holding a machine gun on the Coolidge)
-handling coral while taking a photo
-harassing/handling a cuttle fish and a moray

nice, real nice
(Offline)

Old 16th July 2013, 21:27   #5
chunter
I like diving

Mk15.5, Mk15
Inpisspiration, KISS
chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of

Quote: (Originally Posted by SlicerDicer) View Original Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=P7aPFmfk1QM

Can we please put this guy.. Jamie Illistom blacklisted... Who the hell thinks this is ok to molest a shark like this...

Not super cool behavior for sure. I don't think I'd say it is "horrific shark torture" though. I think you should focus on eradicating shark fishing tournaments, finning, and other serious violations. In my mind these guys are a bunch of retards who are setting a bad example for others and annoying a poor little shark for a while. People do this stuff to octopuses/octopi/octopopidi all the time and people think that's ok. My open water padi instructor actually fed an octopus to an eel during my second training dive. Can't say I really liked that one, on the other hand, shit dies all the time and that eel may have needed a snack.

I've even spoken to someone who said it was ok to walk on reef every now and again. . How is it that humans care about dolphins, but not the tuna, cats and dogs, but now cows? There is a great amount of hypocracy and double standards out there, so it is not surprising that these guys think this is acceptable.

How about Steve Irwin? How many animals did he "molest", yet because we know his intentions were good, it is ok? People respect and admire him because he lived like he died...with animals in his heart. Sorry, couldn't resist.

C
(Offline)

Old 17th July 2013, 06:10   #6
Chett.L
Chett Lehrer

Hollis Prism-2. rEvo lll rms
Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll Micro
Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of

Assholes

Old 17th July 2013, 17:08   #7
Remco
RBW Member

JJ CCR
Remco is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope they will meet the sharks very hungry "BIG "brother .....
(Offline)

Old 20th July 2013, 06:10   #8
NoBubblesNoTroubles
RBW Member

Prism2, Titan
Hollis Explorer, Poseidon MKVI
NoBubblesNoTroubles is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree. I PADI PRO member should not be condoning nor supporting these actions.
(Offline)

Old 20th July 2013, 10:41   #9
Andy Del
Banned

JJ, it rocks!
Sports KISS
Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to Andy Del

Does it help he was doing this in a marine reserve? Jervis Bay Marine Park, about 90 minutes south of Sydney.

Local are becoming quite aware of this store and their employee's habits, so fewer caring people will be darkening their doorway. All this, depsite their blocking people from FB and removing the offensive clips from their web site.

cheers

Andy
(Offline)

Old 21st July 2013, 05:24   #10
Chris
Scuba Imports Australia

rEVO III rMS
Inspo, Kiss, Prism, Meg
Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Chris

Been taken down off You Tube due to "copyright"
But it lives on via Vimeo

https://vimeo.com/70534802
(Offline)