It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World Rebreather Models, Design, and Accessories CCR - Closed Circuit Rebreathers Other Other CCR Rebreathers Poseidon CIS Lunar Mk VI Rebreather

Old 7th June 2013, 12:23   #1
sirfin
Pre-Loved Breath.....mmm!

Poseidon Discovery MkVI TX48
sirfin is an unknown quantity at this point
PC Config Tool V1.22

Hello All,

Its my first post, but I do feel I know a lot of the regular contributers, as I have been in passive, read-only mode for the last 9 months! Thanks for all the many hours of interesting reading......

So, loving the unit, loving the diving, and in general getting along very well with the unit - totally trouble free, (~30hrs so still a novice) but I am having troubles with the PC Config Tool.

I'm am running Window 7, have an ifrared dongle, and I am communicating with the unit fine, no issues.

When it comes to downloading a dive log to my the laptop software to view, it kicks off the download (you can see the status of the download in the bottom left hand side of the Config Window (500 of 21853) etc, and that task completes successfully, the window refreshes, but the dive log never appears in the Dive Log tab, under the unit number directory..... this was working when I initially bought the unit, but has stopped working about 2 months ago, and is really bugging me! Did some great wreck dives in Pembrokeshire, West Wales at the weekend, and can't see the numbers....

BTW - The red logs download fine...... so I dont think its an issue with the unit or the IR comms, it appears to be a bug in the PC software not showing a successful download...... and before you ask, yes, I have turned it on a off again, and done 2 entire un-install re-installs of the software...... still no joy.....

Anybody got any thoughts.....?

Cheers,
Fin.
(Offline)

Old 7th June 2013, 12:47   #2
Jeppe_E
When In Doubt - Bail Out

Poseidon 7 - 60M Tec
Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light
Re: PC Config Tool V1.22

Quote: (Originally Posted by sirfin) View Original Post
When it comes to downloading a dive log to my the laptop software to view, it kicks off the download (you can see the status of the download in the bottom left hand side of the Config Window (500 of 21853) etc, and that task completes successfully, the window refreshes, but the dive log never appears in the Dive Log tab, under the unit number directory..... this was working when I initially bought the unit, but has stopped working about 2 months ago, and is really bugging me! Did some great wreck dives in Pembrokeshire, West Wales at the weekend, and can't see the numbers....

BTW - The red logs download fine...... so I dont think its an issue with the unit or the IR comms, it appears to be a bug in the PC software not showing a successful download...... and before you ask, yes, I have turned it on a off again, and done 2 entire un-install re-installs of the software...... still no joy.....

Anybody got any thoughts.....?

Cheers,
Fin.
Well, first of all, the Poseidon Divelog sucks big time. There are like a million data points, but Poseidon only shows depth and duration.

I have no good answer to give you on this. I have not had this kind of error. Once the dive is downloaded, it appears under the Dive log root folder. I would recommend the software frpm Sören instead. You still need to download the dives (They end up in your c>users>current user>My documents>Poseidon>Dive folder).

Sörens software can be downloaded here: MKVI Log File Analyzer | Dykkeren
Attached Images
File Type: png Skärmavbild 2013-06-07 kl. 13.41.38.png (21.2 KB, 99 views)
(Offline)

Old 7th June 2013, 13:14   #3
sirfin
Pre-Loved Breath.....mmm!

Poseidon Discovery MkVI TX48
sirfin is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: PC Config Tool V1.22

Quote: (Originally Posted by Jeppe_E) View Original Post
Well, first of all, the Poseidon Divelog sucks big time. There are like a million data points, but Poseidon only shows depth and duration.

I have no good answer to give you on this. I have not had this kind of error. Once the dive is downloaded, it appears under the Dive log root folder. I would recommend the software frpm Sören instead. You still need to download the dives (They end up in your c>users>current user>My documents>Poseidon>Dive folder).

Sörens software can be downloaded here: MKVI Log File Analyzer | Dykkeren
Hi Jeppe,

Cheers for the reply - yeah I had been playing with Sörens software, but did want to attempt to use Posiedons as well (which as you right say is utter rubbish!)
Hopefully they will get around to doing an entire re-write of the PC software at some stage
Thanks,
Fin.
(Offline)