It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World Rebreather Training Introduce Your New Rebreather Divers

Old 20th March 2013, 00:02   #1
skip
RBW Member

none
None
skip is an unknown quantity at this point
Drager Dolphin Divers

I'm pretty sure our instructor is not going to post here, so I will! Myself and Kaine completed the PADI Drager Dolphin SCR class and are now PADI rebreather divers (I know that sounds like an oxymoron, but we learned a lot from a good instructor). We decided a good way to learn and explore rebreather diving was to buy older scr used units and get a bit of training, then experience. Besides, it was winter and we were bored.

For about $2,000.00 each we purchased everything needed including the training. You can't find a less expensive way to investigate rebreather diving.

Anyway, here we are! Two newbies to Rebreather World...if the drager dolpin counts as a rebreather....

skip
(Offline)

Old 20th March 2013, 01:56   #2
osiris
Supporting Member

HH INSPO HYBRIB BASTARDISED MK
KISS/IDA64/72/60/Mk15/Cobra
osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold
Re: Drager Dolphin Divers

Good thinking! OF course the Drager is a rebreather and an excellent unit to help you get to grips with rebreather diving, avoiding the expensive research i had to do. Welcome and keep us posted on your exploits!
(Offline)

Old 20th March 2013, 04:19   #3
Chris Kennedy
RBW Member

GAF mccr,rEvoII
Dolphin,Pelagian
Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light

And there is a wealth of experience out there who have done all sorts of tricks with the unit including closing them to full ccr so in future if you decide to go down that path just pore over RBW topics . Nice to have you along
(Offline)

Old 28th March 2013, 06:44   #4
music for deco
Nick Tessier

MCCR
music for deco is just really nice music for deco is just really nice music for deco is just really nice music for deco is just really nice music for deco is just really nice music for deco is just really nice music for deco is just really nice music for deco is just really nice music for deco is just really nice

Chris is spot on
But be careful in the end you can end up with a dolphin that contains no original parts and spend more than you would have to get a decent 2nd hand CCR
(Offline)

Old 29th March 2013, 16:37   #5
mgkarl
Supporting Member

Dolphin UBS40
Ray
mgkarl is on a distinguished road mgkarl is on a distinguished road

Congratulations! You will learn a ton with your unit.
(Offline)

Old 31st March 2013, 13:22   #6
Urban Peer
RBW Member

Dolphin SCR, MCCR
Hombuilt
Urban Peer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote: (Originally Posted by music for deco) View Original Post
Chris is spot on
But be careful in the end you can end up with a dolphin that contains no original parts and spend more than you would have to get a decent 2nd hand CCR
True true, but you would also have missed the fun of creating your verry own personal rig.
(Offline)

Old 1st April 2013, 23:15   #7
cramerdn
Unbanned

cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote: (Originally Posted by skip) View Original Post
I'm pretty sure our instructor is not going to post here, so I will! Myself and Kaine completed the PADI Drager Dolphin SCR class and are now PADI rebreather divers
Skip and Kaine were a great pair of students. Have fun with the new toys and dive safe guys.
(Offline)