It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World Rebreather Models, Design, and Accessories CCR - Closed Circuit Rebreathers Juergensen Marine, Inc. Hammerhead Rebreather Forum

Old 10th March 2013, 20:56   #1
SlowDiver
RBW Member

Hammerhead Hybrid
SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver will become famous soon enough
Rev D Set Points

The Rev D has some advantages that some will like. The ones that dive a hybrid or use a low set point and manually run it at a higher set point can benefit from the new nomenclatures. For starters the Rev. C has five user define set points where as the Rev D has six and you are able to disable the set point if you do not want to stroll thru all six. Also with the C you are able to program the set point to two digits, 1.0, 1,2, 1.4 etc. Now with the D you program the set points to three digits, 1.00, 1.05, 1.10, 1.15, etc.
Since I run a orifice along with the solenoid this is the reason I like the new system. I've been setting the controller to a set point of .7 at the surface and a set point of 1.0 ATA at depth and manual run at 2.0 ATA and let the orifice help maintain it. The reason I chose 1.0 ATA is that the "C" DIVA will display a blinking Orange instead of Red or Green when in the PPO2 mode. The "D" DIVA will display both a Red and Green LED together. Just different light pattern than normal is hard to miss.
The HH has the capability of automatic set point switching but the controller has to be set higher than 1.0 ATA at the surface for it to work. 1.0 would be 100% O2. By setting the controller to 1.05 ATA at the surface, the automatic part of the controller takes over and on the surface maintains a .4 ATA and at 10 feet switches to my desired set point which is 1.05 ATA. Same thing in the reverse order with the ascent.
Remember I'm still watching the PPO2 but now not having to manually keep switching set points for the decent and ascent part of the dive. Life just got a little easier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
(Offline)

Old 11th March 2013, 12:22   #2
kwinter
Down to no good

rEvo III, Flex
Optima, GEM
kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rev D Set Points

You run your bottom time at 2.0? Might I ask why?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dsix36) View Original Post
Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.
(Offline)

Old 11th March 2013, 14:02   #3
SlowDiver
RBW Member

Hammerhead Hybrid
SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver will become famous soon enough
Rev D Set Points

Sorry about that. Glad you caught it. I run between 1.20 and 1.3 My dives are usually between two and three hours and I'm 68 years old so I don't push the CNS clock.

Last edited by SlowDiver; 11th March 2013 at 14:24..
(Offline)

Old 11th March 2013, 14:20   #4
ml_guy
RBW Member

Revo III Mini RMS hCCR
ml_guy is on a distinguished road ml_guy is on a distinguished road
Rev D Set Points

Wiskey Tango Foxtrot
(Offline)

Old 11th March 2013, 15:06   #5
ml_guy
RBW Member

Revo III Mini RMS hCCR
ml_guy is on a distinguished road ml_guy is on a distinguished road
Rev D Set Points

Haha ok that makes much more sense. Your reply hadn't loaded on my phone!
(Offline)

Old 11th March 2013, 15:56   #6
SlowDiver
RBW Member

Hammerhead Hybrid
Rev D Set Points

Quote: (Originally Posted by ml_guy) View Original Post
Haha ok that makes much more sense. Your reply hadn't loaded on my phone!
That's OK, I'm still trying to get familia with this I-Pad. It keeps wanting to say what it wants to say instead of what I want to say. If that makes any sense.

(Offline)

Old 11th March 2013, 21:23   #7
Michael Thornton
Dive Addicts

Hammerhead, P2, SF2, Flex, Evo
Inspo, Sent, Optima, Mk15, Dol
Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough
Rev D Set Points

I just assumed you meant 1.2. Yeah the rev D set points are awesome. Especially if you want to set it .5 below your desired set point and run it manually. HH just gives you so many options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(Offline)

Old 11th March 2013, 22:24   #8
SlowDiver
RBW Member

Hammerhead Hybrid
Rev D Set Points

Quote: (Originally Posted by Michael Thornton) View Original Post
I just assumed you meant 1.2. Yeah the rev D set points are awesome. Especially if you want to set it .5 below your desired set point and run it manually. HH just gives you so many options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes Michael the .5 below my desired is nice but what I really like and did a 2 hour test this past Saturday was setting the controller to 1.05 which is above 1.0 so I'm able to take advantage of the automatic set point switching offered by the handset. What I verified was at 1.05 I still get the same Red-Green combination LED's as I did on a 1.0 setting, which makes sense since I'm not at 1.1 which would give me a green LED flash of one per cell.

(Offline)