It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World Rebreather Models, Design, and Accessories Rebreather Accessories and other dive kit Compressors, Blending / Mixing and Booster Pumps

Old 29th January 2013, 04:57   #1
petemes

Inspo Vision
petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via Skype™ to petemes
Tmx blending software incorporating less than 100% O2 for blending

Any help would be really appreciated.

I am looking for blending software that I can use percentages of O2 less than 100% to blend trimix etc.

Thanks in advance.

Pete
(Offline)

Old 29th January 2013, 07:00   #2
nskdrs
RBW Member

RB80
KISS CK
nskdrs is just really nice nskdrs is just really nice nskdrs is just really nice nskdrs is just really nice nskdrs is just really nice nskdrs is just really nice nskdrs is just really nice nskdrs is just really nice nskdrs is just really nice
Re: Tmx blending software incorporating less than 100% O2 for blending

How about using the Helitrox-section of TMX-tools for iOS?
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/trim...289220808?mt=8
I'd guess it exists for Android too.
Banked Nitrox fo2 is freely adjustable.
Filling sequence is swapable too.
V-Planner topoff doesn't let you swap the sequence arround f.e.

When you go to Bikini one still uses the osmosis O2-generators on the island?
Good thing those Bikini-livaboards, keep it up!

HTH,
hoffi

Last edited by nskdrs; 29th January 2013 at 07:09..
(Offline)

Old 29th January 2013, 07:04   #3
Spiro
RBW Member

Spiro is an unknown quantity at this point

I use this, you can select any topping gas in the settings menu.. for example, the LDS near me has 32 mix on tap.. so i have this plugged in for my trimix top up.

Mix Blender - iOS Top Apps | App Annie
(Offline)

Old 29th January 2013, 07:27   #4
Hens
RBW Member

RB80
Satori
Hens is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a spreadsheet here with which you can fill out anything you want
and fill with 4 different ways

exell-sheet

cheers
Hens
(Offline)

Old 29th January 2013, 15:07   #5
Skipbreather
Reads fine print (mostly)

MEGALODON
IDA71 IDA64 AKA60 BMR500 RGUFM
Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future

Quote: (Originally Posted by petemes) View Original Post
Any help would be really appreciated.

I am looking for blending software that I can use percentages of O2 less than 100% to blend trimix etc

Pete
Just out of curiosity, are you thinking blending w/ standard nitrox mixes as from a bank ~ 32-ish~ or are you thinking more like high 90% from a remotely located O2 concentrator?
(Offline)

Old 29th January 2013, 18:32   #6
petemes

Inspo Vision
petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough

Quote: (Originally Posted by nskdrs) View Original Post
How about using the Helitrox-section of TMX-tools for iOS?
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/trim...289220808?mt=8
I'd guess it exists for Android too.
Banked Nitrox fo2 is freely adjustable.
Filling sequence is swapable too.
V-Planner topoff doesn't let you swap the sequence arround f.e.

When you go to Bikini one still uses the osmosis O2-generators on the island?
Good thing those Bikini-livaboards, keep it up!

HTH,
hoffi
Thanks for this Hoffi

Yeah we have two O2 gen plants (small ones) in Bikini and the % is normally round 92-95%.

I am making plans to get my own larger plant in Truk. Last trip I was getting percentages of O2 ranging from 60-85% which is pretty frustrating and the supply was very erratic, causing more headaches. So I am going to be more self sufficient in that regards. It's being manufactured now so should be in operation hopefully when I am there in June. Will get max 95% out of it which if consistent will be fine. I will ship a few G's of 99% from Guam for those who have breathers that can't calibrate with less than 100% (pressure should be put on manufacturers to be able to cal their units on less % of O2)

Regards

Pete
(Offline)

Old 29th January 2013, 18:40   #7
petemes

Inspo Vision

Quote: (Originally Posted by Skipbreather) View Original Post
Just out of curiosity, are you thinking blending w/ standard nitrox mixes as from a bank ~ 32-ish~ or are you thinking more like high 90% from a remotely located O2 concentrator?
Hi there,

I am putting in an o2 gen plant in Truk which will have 95% banked to 200 bar. But more importantly just trying to standardize top ups with various mixes of trimix and nitrox with software that takes the lower % of O2 into account.

Pete
(Offline)

Old 29th January 2013, 18:42   #8
petemes

Inspo Vision

Thanks to you all for your feedback and posting software for me.

See you all in Truk or Bikini!!!!

Pete
(Offline)

Old 29th January 2013, 19:21   #9
jradomski

Hammehead & rEvo & Custom
KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg
jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute

Quote: (Originally Posted by petemes) View Original Post
I will ship a few G's of 99% from Guam for those who have breathers that can't calibrate with less than 100% (pressure should be put on manufacturers to be able to cal their units on less % of O2)

Regards

Pete

In the US there is a potential liability for allowing calibration with less than 100%.. Like it or not the US Navy is considered the expert here... Until the Navy specifically alows less than 100% o2 for CCRS (they specifically state only 100% in the US navy diving manuals), a manufacturer risks some lawyer trying to use this against them in a lawsuit.. I think its bogus, but it is a risk manufacturers may not want to take..

Even if the rig doesn't allow it, if you can increase the pressure seen by the sensors, you can accurately get around it... My first CCR trip to truk with HH electronics (2002?) , I had a sensor failure and had to calibrate with 92%... I was prepared so it wasn't an issue..
ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.
(Offline)

Old 29th January 2013, 20:27   #10
petemes

Inspo Vision

Quote: (Originally Posted by jradomski) View Original Post
In the US there is a potential liability for allowing calibration with less than 100%.. Like it or not the US Navy is considered the expert here... Until the Navy specifically alows less than 100% o2 for CCRS (they specifically state only 100% in the US navy diving manuals), a manufacturer risks some lawyer trying to use this against them in a lawsuit.. I think its bogus, but it is a risk manufacturers may not want to take..

Even if the rig doesn't allow it, if you can increase the pressure seen by the sensors, you can accurately get around it... My first CCR trip to truk with HH electronics (2002?) , I had a sensor failure and had to calibrate with 92%... I was prepared so it wasn't an issue..
Hi Joe, thanks for the info. I am not sure how you increase the pressure seen by the sensors to accurately and reliably calibrate a unit at ambient pressure on a reduced % of O2 ( I would love to know how for future reference - but then again, if I am giving this information to people with units that cant cal on less than 100% O2 will that not increase my levels of liability?)

The only way I can think of is by increasing the ambient pressure by pressurizing the chamber - again, at first glance this looks and sounds pretty finicky and fraught with endless chances to mess it up!

Or is it a pretty simple task?

regards

Pete
(Offline)