It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World Rebreather Models, Design, and Accessories Rebreather Accessories and other dive kit

Old 23rd January 2013, 11:47   #1
SilentDive
RBW Member

SilentDive is an unknown quantity at this point
De-Ox vs. Narkedat Cell Checker

Good morning guys;

I'm interested to buy a new cell checker.

What do you prefer between the following? and why?
I'm really frustrated at the decision....

DE-OX ® CHECK: test oxygen sensors under pressure - Temc

Cell Checker©

Thanks for any advise!!!
(Offline)

Old 23rd January 2013, 12:45   #2
offpro
RBW Member

rEvo, FGT, Boris
Meg
offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to offpro
Re: De-Ox vs. Narkedat Cell Checker

It's an easy question! The De-OX can check the cells with air or oxygen and you get the response time in milliseconds..
(Offline)

Old 23rd January 2013, 13:03   #3
Aldo Ferrucci
Silent diver

Meg,JJ-CCR,Inspiration,Prism2
Ouroboros, Sentinel, Kiss,rEvo
Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via Skype™ to Aldo Ferrucci

Quote: (Originally Posted by offpro) View Original Post
It's an easy question! The De-OX can check the cells with air or oxygen and you get the response time in milliseconds..
+ 1

Best
Aldo
Megalodon/Copis - Inspiration/Evolution - JJ-CCR - Poseidon Discovery MKVI - Instructor Trainer and Dealer

www.aldoferrucci.com FB Aldo Ferrucci
I like bubbles only in my glass of Champagne
(Offline)

Old 23rd January 2013, 22:45   #4
jasace
Serious Swagelok Addict

JJ-CCR
Satori PSCR
jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough

Both will allow you to check in oxygen or air, but oxygen is your ideal test gas of course.

I went with the Narked@90 large cell checker and couldn't be happier. Apart from the hardware, the software is important too, so you can see where you cells are sitting at. The Narked@90 software provides 12 plot points in the graph, so you get a very accurate visual representation of cell voltage linearity, from what I've seen, the Ox one only seems to offer 3 plot points. Narked@90 are second to none on after sales questions/support. The build quality of the unit is superb, such so that it has won awards and is used by the military. They have an optional cable that allows you to check your controller too and it all comes in a nice Storm hard case.
(Offline)

Old 23rd January 2013, 23:33   #5
offpro
RBW Member

rEvo, FGT, Boris
Meg
offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to offpro

Quote: (Originally Posted by jasace) View Original Post
Both will allow you to check in oxygen or air, but oxygen is your ideal test gas of course.
How high presure can you have in the narked pot?
(Offline)

Old 24th January 2013, 00:00   #6
Dsix36
Supporting Member

rEvo
Optima Dolphin
Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute

I do not own either of these cell checkers, but have used both of them a few times. Although the Narked@90 one does not give response times, I find it to be overall easier and faster to use. If I was to actually spend my money to buy one, I would lean towards this one for those two reasons.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

I have recently been told that my post are "useless crap", feel free to ignore me!

Is that politically correct enough for you wimps?

Quote: (Originally Posted by kwinter) View Original Post
I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
Quote: (Originally Posted by kwinter) View Original Post
And note the wisdom from DSix36
MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!
(Offline)

Old 24th January 2013, 07:46   #7
SilentDive
RBW Member

SilentDive is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys for your advice.
I think to spend my money versus narkedat90...more plot points, better quality, better price...better support...better software on pc!
unfortunately de-ox in my opinion have a bad marketing policy: even a cent of discount...de-ox check looks like a prototype...customer care does not always available...

Last edited by SilentDive; 24th January 2013 at 07:48..
(Offline)

Old 24th January 2013, 10:49   #8
Davedagc
RBW Member

JJ-CCR
AP vision, Poseidon, Meg, Sen
Davedagc is an unknown quantity at this point
I have just bought the narked at 90 large cell checker and I have to say it is very simply an easy to use I could not be happier !!
(Offline)

Old 24th January 2013, 22:26   #9
jasace
Serious Swagelok Addict

JJ-CCR
Satori PSCR
jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough

Quote: (Originally Posted by offpro) View Original Post
how high presure can you have in the narked pot?
2ata.
(Offline)

Old 24th January 2013, 22:28   #10
jasace
Serious Swagelok Addict

JJ-CCR
Satori PSCR

Quote: (Originally Posted by SilentDive) View Original Post
Thanks guys for your advice.
I think to spend my money versus narkedat90...more plot points, better quality, better price...better support...better software on pc!
unfortunately de-ox in my opinion have a bad marketing policy: even a cent of discount...de-ox check looks like a prototype...customer care does not always available...
I haven't seen the De-Ox one myself, but have seen some plots from it. You won't be disappointed with your choice of the Narked@90 one.
(Offline)