It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World Rebreather Models, Design, and Accessories Rebreather Accessories and other dive kit Scooters

Old 18th January 2013, 12:25   #1
LukeN

LukeN is on a distinguished road LukeN is on a distinguished road
Sierra battery ring

Does anyone know how to remove the battery ring holder from the body? I need to move the holder up to fitting the lithium Battery in... It looks to be glued into the body?
(Offline)

Old 18th January 2013, 19:46   #2
Jeff Pack
RBW Member

Meg
KISS GEM
Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough
Re: Sierra battery ring

Interesting, as mine is removeable. I still need to sand mine out abit for my lithium batt, a pure SOB to that lithium pack in there "just" right.
(Offline)

Old 19th January 2013, 00:55   #3
Aquamaniac
RBW Member

Aquamaniac will become famous soon enough Aquamaniac will become famous soon enough Aquamaniac will become famous soon enough

Quote: (Originally Posted by LukeN) View Original Post
Does anyone know how to remove the battery ring holder from the body? I need to move the holder up to fitting the lithium Battery in... It looks to be glued into the body?
Drop it around to my place today.
(Offline)

Old 19th January 2013, 05:01   #4
cool_hardware52
Tobin George

cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold

Quote: (Originally Posted by LukeN) View Original Post
The Dive X scooters are welded from machined (turned) sections and tube sections. The Sierra has a nose piece, then a short section of tube, then a machined section that includes the battery stop ring and battery snap ring groove, then another section of tube.

These pieces are *welded* together. The battery stop ring and snap ring groove section is *not* glued in and is *not* removable.

Tobin
(Offline)

Old 19th January 2013, 07:10   #5
Packhorse
RBW Member

rEvoIII mini hCCR
RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR
Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light

Quote: (Originally Posted by cool_hardware52) View Original Post

These pieces are *welded* together. The battery stop ring and snap ring groove section is *not* glued in and is *not* removable.

Tobin
Thanks Tobin, I was looking at mine and come to the same conclusion. But mine is an early model and things may have changed.
(Offline)

Old 19th January 2013, 10:17   #6
LukeN

LukeN is on a distinguished road LukeN is on a distinguished road

2nd thanks Tobin, I will modify and overcome.
(Offline)

Old 20th January 2013, 07:12   #7
Jeff Pack
RBW Member

Meg
KISS GEM
Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough

Interesting, as my battery stop ring is kydex I think, and definitely removable.

I also learned not to put the battery in with it removed :)
(Offline)

Old 20th January 2013, 13:55   #8
cool_hardware52
Tobin George

cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold

Quote: (Originally Posted by Jeff Pack) View Original Post
Interesting, as my battery stop ring is kydex I think, and definitely removable.

I also learned not to put the battery in with it removed :)
The battery stop ring (the flat one) is a piece of thermoplastic (abs is suspect) that sits in a groove in the machined aluminum ring that is a welded in portion of the scooter hull. This flat, black plastic ring can be removed, but the machined aluminum ring ,~2" in depth, that accepts this stop ring, the oring and the battery retaining snap ring cannot be removed.

BTW, the reason the stop ring is removable is to allow for hulls with multiple battery packs like a long body sierra.

Tobin
(Offline)