It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World Rebreather Models, Design, and Accessories CCR - Closed Circuit Rebreathers Inspiration / Evolution Inspiration / Evolution Rebreathers

Old 30th December 2011, 21:56   #1
eXile
Paul Daniels

Ouroboros #107
Classic Inspo, Ray, Homebuild
eXile is on a distinguished road eXile is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to eXile
Lead time on APD cells

Guys just letting you all know that APD seems to have there act together now. Needed three 02 cells for my inspo, ordered them and had them within a week. Looks like the supply problem is over.

Paul
(Offline)

Old 31st December 2011, 08:52   #2
thetrickster
RBW Member

APD Evolution Vision
thetrickster is on a distinguished road thetrickster is on a distinguished road
The guy I'm buying my evolution from, told me yesterday he just got some brand new cells this week too - been waiting a while for them too. So my evo have brand new ones for when I collect it

Glad all these issues are getting resolved, now just hope the turn around time for a head service is better than the 4-5wks I've been quoted!

Regards

Richard
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(Offline)

Old 31st December 2011, 13:02   #3
RSmith
It's All Good!

Inspo Evolution
Stay tuned!
RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice
Re: Lead time on APD cells

Good news in deed. Got my unit in July when all the hype was on and cells were scarce. Glad things are straightened away, hopefully the cells maintain stability and last.
(Offline)

Old 31st December 2011, 18:49   #4
TopLeft
Cognitive surrender

Evolution+
Evolution
TopLeft is an unknown quantity at this point
Lead time on APD cells

I got an e-mail stating that my request is now able to be filled, but they're out of office next couple of days. It's been about 2 weeks since my inquiry. Is the head service back log related to the sensors?
(Offline)

Old 31st December 2011, 21:44   #5
thetrickster
RBW Member

APD Evolution Vision
thetrickster is on a distinguished road thetrickster is on a distinguished road
I'm afraid I don't know...sorry. Long story short: the price I'm paying for the evo includes a head service / any repairs. Due to flights I'm picking it up (early) before the service and we enquired how long it would take for the head to be turned around, thinking maybe we could get it done before the 12th. But was told 4-5wks. So now I'm sending the head, and the seller will be paying the bill.

I heard serviced heads where getting priority for cells when there was a shortage, but that is just heresay.

Regards

Richard
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(Offline)

Old 1st January 2012, 05:24   #6
Packhorse
RBW Member

rEvoIII mini hCCR
RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR
Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light

Quote: (Originally Posted by eXile) View Original Post
Looks like the supply problem is over.

(Offline)

Old 1st January 2012, 08:48   #7
Andy Del
Banned

JJ, it rocks!
Sports KISS
Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to Andy Del

(Offline)

Old 4th January 2012, 04:49   #8
TopLeft
Cognitive surrender

Evolution+
Evolution
TopLeft is an unknown quantity at this point
APD cells

Not sure if this has already been openly stated, but Ed notified me today that both sensors are available on line through their webstore for $110.
(Offline)

Old 4th January 2012, 12:52   #9
Nitrogenius
Jst anothr Breather Diver

Inspo classic w/ HH lid
Dolphin as is :)
Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold

Quote: (Originally Posted by eXile) View Original Post
Guys just letting you all know that APD seems to have there act together now. Needed three 02 cells for my inspo, ordered them and had them within a week. Looks like the supply problem is over.

Paul

Let us know how they will perform.. And more over in case you need a cell changed on warranty let us know how the whole process is handled including payment for shipping cost etc..
Somewhat I have never been given an answer on such question from the people who had issues with their cells..
(Offline)

Old 4th January 2012, 15:19   #10
Garspeed
Wreck Ferret in training

Modified Inspo Vision
Garspeed is on a distinguished road Garspeed is on a distinguished road

Quote: (Originally Posted by Nitrogenius) View Original Post
Let us know how they will perform.. And more over in case you need a cell changed on warranty let us know how the whole process is handled including payment for shipping cost etc..
Somewhat I have never been given an answer on such question from the people who had issues with their cells..
Guys

Just for info, I have had more than my fair share of problems with new AP cells. On each occaision, I have called AP, discussed issue, tests performed and results on same and agreed to send cells back for replacement. These faulty cells were replaced within a week, even when guys were still waiting months for new cells ie you jump to front of queue. I have always had to pay paid postage to return cells.

This has been a painfull process for all but AP seem to be getting there with both the quality of replacement and their service has always been first rate. This is the only reason I am still using AP cells as many of my fellow divers are on N@90 or Techme issued cells.

Cheers
Gar
(Offline)