It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World Rebreather Models, Design, and Accessories Rebreather Design & Operation Scrubbers and Absorbents

Old 7th July 2011, 23:13   #1
lizardland
Acme Serpentine Lubricant

lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute
Intersurgical lime... cough, splutter, cough...

Is it normally this dusty? I bought some from Dive Lime the other day and filled my scrubber tonight with it. I was decanting it from the keg into the Acme Mod 1 Mk15 scrubber filling device...

Jeeeeeez, it was like I was being tear gassed! Big cloud of white smoke!

It'll be interesting to see how it performs compared to Sofnolime but I'm not overly taken by the first impression. I've rattled kegs of Sofnolime in the back of my truck for 1000 miles and never had it as dusty as this.

I'm just wondering how long I'll get before the Porex filters need a vinegar soak.
(Offline)

Old 28th December 2011, 13:58   #2
deepunderground
RBW Member

Kiss
deepunderground will become famous soon enough deepunderground will become famous soon enough deepunderground will become famous soon enough
Re: Intersurgical lime... cough, splutter, cough...

I have been using this recently and have noticed the same. I try and fill my scrubber in a breezy area so the worst gets blown away when i pour it in.

I've started taking my inhale hose off the head (kiss classic) and blowing through a few big breathes to clear some dust out of the scrubber before a pos/ neg test. This seems to get rid of the worst of it and makes me feel less bad about breathing through dusty lime.

Have used this lime without any problems so far.......
(Offline)

Old 28th December 2011, 14:18   #3
Nitrogenius
Jst anothr Breather Diver

Inspo classic w/ HH lid
Dolphin as is :)
Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold

I guess you are reffering to the Intersorb one?
Intersorb does in fact create a lot of dust during pouring...
At least also the medical Intersorb Plus does, I don't know the one from divelime..
Spherasorb however should not dust so much..
But even with my old Dolphin and thus no dust protection layer in the scrubber I actually never had dust problems actual diving it..
(Offline)

Old 29th December 2011, 09:28   #4
RGMag
LAR Addict

LAR VI FGT LAR VI Clone
OMG MK4 CDV and MK4 CSC
RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to RGMag

vacuuming after filling guys, even if you dont see the dust its there and sure not good for your lungs!

When I fill my scrubbers I never fill directly from the keg, I fill into a bucket first to get rid of the most dust and then to the scrubber. After that vaccuum cleaner for some minutes in both directions!
(Offline)