It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World Dive Accidents / Incidents Rebreather Accidents / Incidents

Closed Thread

Old 3rd April 2011, 23:17   #1
gtzavelas
RBW Member

Megalodon
RB80 Clone, CastoroC96, RGU
gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light
OZTek presentation on RB accidents ??

Did anyone here follow the OZTek presentation of Dr Andrew Fock “Killing them softly?” A look at the facts about Rebreather Deaths 1998 -2010
and could post a short summery (or even better a link with a presentation summery if it exists ???)
(Offline)

Old 4th April 2011, 02:18   #2
kieranu
Apprentice Meg Pilot

Megalodon APECS 2.7
kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to kieranu
Re: OZTek presentation on RB accidents ??

I would be interested in the details of the talk too as it ignited another discussion on another forum but unfortunately I was not at OzTek. For one I was told it suggested there was no difference in fatality rates or cause of death between eCCRs and mCCRs relative to numbers in the market-place which I find difficult to believe.
(Offline)

Old 4th April 2011, 15:32   #3
bartek
RBW Member

bartek is an unknown quantity at this point

I asked A.Fock after the lecture if he could publish anything of his comparisons but the answer was very reluctant.
One more interesting thing was the mCCR construction simplicity vs. eCCR - which in conclusion was suggesting less survival chances on the manuals because of less control and redundancy options available in them.
(Offline)

Old 6th April 2011, 10:40   #4
abowie
Flaccid Member

Dammit I bought another KISS
CK, SK, Satori, ManBagOD
abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold

I'll have a chat to Fockie and see if he can post something here.
(Offline)

Closed Thread