It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World Rebreather Models, Design, and Accessories CCR - Closed Circuit Rebreathers KISS Rebreathers Kiss Classic and Sport Rebreathers

Old 26th January 2011, 13:54   #1
deepunderground
RBW Member

Kiss
deepunderground will become famous soon enough deepunderground will become famous soon enough deepunderground will become famous soon enough
New style Display Mounting

Hi all,

my KISS has the new style display, how do we all mount/ clip this ?

I am worried that having it attached to a shoulder d ring is not intuitive enough and would much rather have it strapped to an arm depsite the size of thing !

all ideas welcome !
(Offline)

Old 26th January 2011, 17:18   #2
stunsm
Steve Rich

rEvo II
Classic/Sport KISS
stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough
Re: New style Display Mounting

Do you mean the triple displays or pendant display? Or is there a newer one I haven't yet seen?
(Offline)

Old 26th January 2011, 20:15   #3
deepunderground
RBW Member

Kiss
deepunderground will become famous soon enough deepunderground will become famous soon enough deepunderground will become famous soon enough

sorry yeah the pendant style !
(Offline)

Old 31st January 2011, 16:30   #4
JDostal
RBW Member

KISS Classic #429
JDostal will become famous soon enough JDostal will become famous soon enough JDostal will become famous soon enough JDostal will become famous soon enough

Hard to say. I've seen some people clip them off to the waist. I did my first training on a KISS w/ the pendant display and we rigged up some bungees to mount it to my wrist but it sucked. It is the main reason I ordered the triple display...that pendant just does not sit well anywhere. If it didn't have that big block in the back for the calibration screws it would be awesome.
(Offline)

Old 31st January 2011, 16:59   #5
Philippe GERIN
ccr apprentice

Classic Kiss
Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK
Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light

Mine is routed under my right arm and is clipped off the left shoulder d-ring using a retractor. I just need to pull on it to read and it goes back where it was. But I must add that I use it as my secondary. My primary is my 3cell VRx on my wrist.
Best
Philippe
(Online)

Old 31st January 2011, 19:28   #6
garyd
RBW Member

KISS Classic #408
garyd is an unknown quantity at this point

I know somone who wears it on her wrist with bungies but she hates it. However, she hates it even more hanging from a clip. Truth is she just hates that particular display. She sells a lot of KISS's but always encourages people to order the stock displays.
(Offline)

Old 31st January 2011, 19:48   #7
kmev
RBW Member

Gambrill Sidemount Meg
kmev is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote: (Originally Posted by garyd) View Original Post
I know somone who wears it on her wrist with bungies but she hates it. However, she hates it even more hanging from a clip. Truth is she just hates that particular display.
She hates it so much she's ordering a Shearwater as we speak.
(Offline)