It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World Rebreather Models, Design, and Accessories CCR - Closed Circuit Rebreathers DiveRite O2ptima (aka Optima) Rebreather

Old 15th October 2010, 22:21   #1
diverreb
Richie Burr

O2ptima FX
diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to diverreb Send a message via Skype™ to diverreb
New 5L Counterlungs

Just saw on FaceBook where a new 5L Counterlung is being offered. Wondering what the differences are, if any, other than capacity.

Richie

Old 18th October 2010, 20:41   #2
luish.felice
RBW Member

DiveRite O2ptimaFX
luish.felice is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to luish.felice
Re: New 5L Counterlungs

Wondering the same thing

anyone?
(Offline)

Old 18th October 2010, 21:48   #3
dreamdive
RBW Member

Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer
Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima,
dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light

I heard it was developed for women or divers with smaller lung volumes. Although that concept does not make sense.
(Online)

Old 18th October 2010, 21:53   #4
swadiver
jeff addis

Revo
Optima
swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future

From Dive Rites Blog page on their website

October 18th, 2010

New O2ptima Rebreather Counterlungs

After months of testing, we have the new O2ptima 5L (2.5L per CL) counter lung set. The 4L counterlungs were designed for experienced CCR divers and women, but weren’t enough volume for active divers. I could bottom them out on an easy swim. The 6L counterlungs worked fine, but the size of the lungs added clutter to the chest area and the retention strap down to the waist belt was a necessary annoyance.
The best design ended up being 5L counterlungs in a longer teardrop shape-version of the 4L set with enough volume for a working diver. The bottom of the lung is secured to the shoulder strap with a Velcro loop on continuous webbing harnesses or with a bungee loop thru the quick release buckles on a TransPac or TransPlate harness. Shoulder D-rings are now easier to get to and the Offset D-rings are even easier.
O2ptima divers wanting to upgrade, keep your current lungs, but send us the valves and we’ll put them on the new 5L counterlungs for $150. Or send us your CL set and we’ll change out the valves for you. If your O2ptima is ready for annual service, then we’ll reduce the CL upgrade to $125 (plus the $199 annual service fee).
There are pictures of Jared and I diving the new lungs the Dive Rite Facebook page.
Lamar

Posted in Dive Rite, O2ptima Rebreather | No Comments »
(Offline)

Old 18th October 2010, 22:33   #5
Dsix36
Supporting Member

rEvo
Optima Dolphin
Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute

But they are now all black.

Adrian can NEVER use these.

Quote: (Originally Posted by kwinter) View Original Post
I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
Quote: (Originally Posted by kwinter) View Original Post
And note the wisdom from DSix36
MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!
(Online)

Old 18th October 2010, 22:38   #6
swadiver
jeff addis

Revo
Optima
swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future

good point
(Offline)

Old 20th October 2010, 16:51   #7
sfldiver
Underwater Paparazzi

Dive Rite Optima
sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dsix36) View Original Post
But they are now all black.

Adrian can NEVER use these.
Nothing I couldn't remedy with a handful of red industrial Sharpie Permanent Markers!

It's not as if I haven't done it before!!
(Offline)

Old 23rd October 2010, 01:47   #8
norness286
Banned

optima
inspiration
norness286 is on a distinguished road norness286 is on a distinguished road

Quote: (Originally Posted by diverreb) View Original Post
Just saw on FaceBook where a new 5L Counterlung is being offered. Wondering what the differences are, if any, other than capacity.

Richie
says the get narrower at the bottom and use a Velcro attachment to harness rather than previous method
also saying they are coming out with a new dsv that improves wob
my lungs are older so now i can convince the other side of my brain i need both!
We've got all-new 5L counterlungs (2.5 L each) that cut down on chest clutter and breathe very nice, especially for the working diver.

A new DSV has just completed testing and has dramatically improved WOB on the unit!

A CCR-exclusive wing keeps hoses hidden, yet is a streamlined donut that provides the right buoyancy and trim for CCR divers.
(Offline)

Old 23rd October 2010, 01:48   #9
norness286
Banned

optima
inspiration
norness286 is on a distinguished road norness286 is on a distinguished road

Quote: (Originally Posted by dreamdive) View Original Post
I heard it was developed for women or divers with smaller lung volumes. Although that concept does not make sense.
no these are larger than those
(Offline)

Old 24th October 2010, 03:58   #10
dreamdive
RBW Member

Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer
Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima,
dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light

Quote: (Originally Posted by norness286) View Original Post
no these are larger than those

Right!
(Online)