It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World RBW Members General Section Rebreather Trips / Holidays /Expeditions

Old 16th April 2009, 21:07   #1
sensor330
RBW Member

Who cares
A few
sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to sensor330
Traveling with a RB, fly Alaskan

I'm leaving tomorrow for a trip down to Florida and thought I should check my baggage allowance before I leave. I've got to say Alaskan Airlines has the best baggage policy as far as weight limits go. My first bag is free and my second one is $25 but this is where it gets good. My second bag will be over weight and and as long as it is under 100 lbs it is only going to cost me and additional $50. That's right, you read correctly under 100 lbs. So I'll be bringing a second bag that weights 90 lbs and its only going to cost me $75; that's all right by me.
(Offline)

Old 17th April 2009, 02:15   #2
DWill
Supporting Member

HammerHead
Dolphin
DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Traveling with a RB, fly Alaskan

I checked my HH packed in it Storm Case on Southwest.
It weighed 73lbs. Cost me $25.00. I checked two bags.

Southwest lets you check two bags free. The $25.00 was the overweight fee.
(Offline)

Old 17th April 2009, 04:41   #3
RebreatherNut
Casual Sport Kiss Pilot

Sport Kiss
RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via Skype™ to RebreatherNut

Gota love Southwest for Domestic travel!
(Offline)

Old 17th April 2009, 05:50   #4
bwyrwitzke
Rebreatherless

Hammerhead
bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to bwyrwitzke Send a message via MSN to bwyrwitzke Send a message via Yahoo to bwyrwitzke

The other option is to just travel more often. United gives me 3 bags for free , the drawback is that you need to fly 100K+ miles a year to maintan that benefit. Many of the airlines offer similar programs for their frequent flyers, so it pays to be loyal.

Bruce

Last edited by bwyrwitzke; 17th April 2009 at 05:53..
(Offline)

Old 17th April 2009, 14:39   #5
Tienuts
Administrator

rEvo
Optima, Megalodon, KISS
Tienuts has disabled reputation

Quote: (Originally Posted by RebreatherNut) View Original Post
Gota love Southwest for Domestic travel!
Southwest is great, but some of their Captains are a bit strange.
(Offline)

Old 17th April 2009, 15:01   #6
wedivebc
Dave Tomblin

Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon
CCR Instructor Trainer
wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote: (Originally Posted by sensor330) View Original Post
I'm leaving tomorrow for a trip down to Florida and thought I should check my baggage allowance before I leave. I've got to say Alaskan Airlines has the best baggage policy as far as weight limits go. My first bag is free and my second one is $25 but this is where it gets good. My second bag will be over weight and and as long as it is under 100 lbs it is only going to cost me and additional $50. That's right, you read correctly under 100 lbs. So I'll be bringing a second bag that weights 90 lbs and its only going to cost me $75; that's all right by me.
You mean the Navy isn't paying for this one?

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com
(Offline)

Old 17th April 2009, 16:28   #7
jkaterenchuk
RBW Member

HammerMeg
Kiss Classic, Inspiration
jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute

Don't count your chickens until they hatch.....the one time I flew Alaskan they destroyed a bag. Worst case of abuse I had ever seen. Lucky it was not the one with the CCR. :)

Oh one other positive remark....the check in was a cluster....they had cancelled a flight but made no communication to all the people waiting in line to check in.

John
(Online)

Old 17th April 2009, 22:14   #8
sensor330
RBW Member

Who cares
A few
sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote: (Originally Posted by wedivebc) View Original Post
You mean the Navy isn't paying for this one?
no
(Offline)

Old 17th April 2009, 22:16   #9
sensor330
RBW Member

Who cares
A few

Quote: (Originally Posted by jkaterenchuk) View Original Post
Don't count your chickens until they hatch.....the one time I flew Alaskan they destroyed a bag. Worst case of abuse I had ever seen. Lucky it was not the one with the CCR. :)

Oh one other positive remark....the check in was a cluster....they had cancelled a flight but made no communication to all the people waiting in line to check in.

John
I've flown Alaskan once before with no issues, lets hope this flight goes smoothly.
(Offline)

Old 18th April 2009, 01:50   #10
Hyper-limits
Prince of darkness

Megalodon
Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice

I've flown Alaskan once before with no issues, lets hope this flight goes smoothly.
I hope that everything goes smoothly with the airline and the caves. Have a good trip Scott.

Cheers

Al
(Offline)