It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World RebreatherWorld Central RBW Site Help

Old 7th March 2009, 13:08   #1
OceanOpportunity
for a world of water

homebuild/custom
rEvo, Dolphin, CCR2000, Inspo
OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold
banner ads of 'pig woman'

Hi folks,

Don't want to be the one that bursts any bubbles, as I like the eye candy just as much as the next, BUT the various banner ads with the cleavage and pig nose seem to be out of place. The terms and conditions of the site that are published state:

"While we encourage discussion about a wide range of subjects, there are certain areas which elicit more animosity and subsequently far more flames. As a result you agree that discussions involving politics, religion, nationalities or anything of a sexual nature be reserved for other message boards that are better venues for these topics and will not be discussed on this website."

My wife is wondering what kind of site I'm spending so much time on that depicts women like this. Personally, I dont think it does much for creating an upstanding & professional image behind our community. I understand that sex sells in so many industries, but I think it'd sit better to have a chick in a bikini wearing a RB, as opposed to pig woman who is clearly not doing anything diving related.

my $.02.
(Offline)

Old 7th March 2009, 13:54   #2
drtyjrzy
Below Me???

drtyjrzy is on a distinguished road drtyjrzy is on a distinguished road
Re: banner ads of 'pig woman'

I'm not trying to start any message board brawls.....but come on, are you serious. With all the sexually driven ads in scuba magazines today, Curts pictures are tame. If your so worried about what your wife thinks maybe you can try explaining to her thats it's 2009, and every type of media uses sex to sell. I saw a commercial for rice the other day, that almost made me blush.

Try skimming through a scuba mag, and count all the big burly sexy men, and all of the chicks with there thong bikinis, and big boobs hanging out. As far you finding it offened, I really don't believe you're being serious, and like T.V., radio, print, and internet no one is forcing this stuff on you. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, TURN IT OFF.

Paule

(Offline)

Old 7th March 2009, 13:56   #3
drtyjrzy
Below Me???

P.S. The last 4 Beneath The Sea's I've been to had girls walking around in bikinis and dressed as sexy mermaids.....just wanted to warn you because you find these things so offencive.
Paule
(Offline)

Old 7th March 2009, 14:13   #4
moribund
RBW Member

Oxygen Rebreather
RG/U-FM mCCR
moribund is a glorious beacon of light moribund is a glorious beacon of light moribund is a glorious beacon of light moribund is a glorious beacon of light moribund is a glorious beacon of light moribund is a glorious beacon of light moribund is a glorious beacon of light moribund is a glorious beacon of light moribund is a glorious beacon of light moribund is a glorious beacon of light moribund is a glorious beacon of light

Quote: (Originally Posted by drtyjrzy) View Original Post
I'm not trying to start any message board brawls....

Try skimming through a scuba mag, and count all the big burly sexy men, and all of the chicks with there thong bikinis, and big boobs hanging out. As far you finding it offened, I really don't believe you're being serious, and like T.V., radio, print, and internet no one is forcing this stuff on you. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, TURN IT OFF.

Paule
He needs to get some "bottom time"
(Offline)

Old 7th March 2009, 14:17   #5
jepuskar
RBW Member

jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice
Send a message via Skype™ to jepuskar

Well, your bold reference to the terms and conditions has to do with discussions....not pictures.

(Offline)

Old 7th March 2009, 15:01   #6
aainslie
So Cal Tech Diver

Meg
Inspo (when it works)
aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote: (Originally Posted by OceanOpportunity) View Original Post
Hi folks,

Don't want to be the one that bursts any bubbles, as I like the eye candy just as much as the next, BUT the various banner ads with the cleavage and pig nose seem to be out of place. The terms and conditions of the site that are published state:

"While we encourage discussion about a wide range of subjects, there are certain areas which elicit more animosity and subsequently far more flames. As a result you agree that discussions involving politics, religion, nationalities or anything of a sexual nature be reserved for other message boards that are better venues for these topics and will not be discussed on this website."

My wife is wondering what kind of site I'm spending so much time on that depicts women like this. Personally, I dont think it does much for creating an upstanding & professional image behind our community. I understand that sex sells in so many industries, but I think it'd sit better to have a chick in a bikini wearing a Rebreather, as opposed to pig woman who is clearly not doing anything diving related.

my $.02.
Don't buy the product.

I'm so sick of this nonsense where others feel the need to impose their "standards" on me. Lke getting a drink on Sundays in 1/2 of cave country - all the locals are narrow minded fools who think they get a better place in heaven by stopping ME from drinking. I always like to point out to them that there's a very high correlation between poverty, and dumbass restrictions like that.

Anyway, ask your poor wife to avert her eyes. Or grow up.

Buhlmann = Bend and Mend
VPM/RGBM = Mend and Bend
GF 35-50/70-85 = Mend and Mend
(Offline)

Old 7th March 2009, 15:02   #7
Linda Bowen
RBW Member

Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of

Hi folks,

My wife is wondering what kind of site I'm spending so much time on that depicts women like this. Personally, I dont think it does much for creating an upstanding & professional image behind our community. I understand that sex sells in so many industries, but I think it'd sit better to have a chick in a bikini wearing a Rebreather, as opposed to pig woman who is clearly not doing anything diving related.

my $.02.

Actually it is not ad for diving at all, it is for the BTS party and the theme from the beginning is "Party Pig". Besides, I can't help that my nose looks that way, I don't have enough money for the surgery.

-linda

p.s. I'm a wife and I am not offended, there is a time and place to be serious and most threads here stay on the topic. This is CLEARLY folks getting together to meet and have downtime and fun.
(Offline)

Old 7th March 2009, 15:05   #8
Curt Bowen
RBW Key Holder

KISS CLASSIC
Megalodon, Kiss Sport
Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Curt Bowen

my $.02.

I changed it to something you might like better!

See you party pigs BOYS at Beneath the Sea!!!!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg boyparty.jpg (19.9 KB, 470 views)
(Offline)

Old 7th March 2009, 15:34   #9
drtyjrzy
Below Me???

[quote=Linda Bowen;244878] Besides, I can't help that my nose looks that way, I don't have enough money for the surgery.quote]

LOL...hahaha now that's funny.

I gotta say I can't take people that make issues where there shouldn't be one. If the OP hadn't brought this up, no one would have cared, and I would have had a productive Saturday....now I gotta sit on RBW all day checking to see who else thinks this is bull.
Paule
(Offline)

Old 7th March 2009, 15:45   #10
jepuskar
RBW Member

jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice
Send a message via Skype™ to jepuskar

That is one hot man...yummy.
(Offline)