It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World Rebreather Models, Design, and Accessories CCR - Closed Circuit Rebreathers Inspiration / Evolution Inspiration / Evolution Rebreathers

Old 12th April 2008, 18:02   #1
TLA
RBW Member

TLA is an unknown quantity at this point
Inspiration info.

Hi all.

I have been offered a classic inspiration. The seller has informed me that the model is the old one without light in the handsets but that he does not know of the top of his head how old it is. Can anyone suply me with info about this unit model and if there is anything iI should be weary of.

Thanks

TLA
(Offline)

Old 12th April 2008, 20:15   #2
AD_ward9
Banned - Threat of Litigation

AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Inspiration info.

Quote: (Originally Posted by TLA) View Original Post
Hi all.

I have been offered a classic inspiration. The seller has informed me that the model is the old one without light in the handsets but that he does not know of the top of his head how old it is. Can anyone suply me with info about this unit model and if there is anything iI should be weary of.

Thanks

TLA
Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES dive that unit. You need to have the handsets replaced.

If you doubt me, put a power supply on the battery contacts and wind down the voltage on the master until the display fads out, then wind it back up. That is what batteries do under load. You will find the Master handset hangs every time and does not pass control to the slave. The display will look normal, there will be no alarms, but no O2 will be injected and the PPO2 displayed is not the PPO2 in the loop. The unit without LED backlights has this fault: it was improved a lot in August 2000, and this fault was address at the same time as LED backlights were introduced. The pre-Aug 2000 units are the ones we describe publicly as having been designed with gross incompetence, or extreme incompetence.

I recommend very strongly that you buy the Deep Pursuit head upgrade, and if you have a nice word with Brent, he might even possibly give you a trade in discount for your old head.

Please advise the seller of the above. If the seller wishes to contact me, there is a low cost method of getting the handsets upgraded that we know.

Alex

Last edited by AD_ward9; 13th April 2008 at 19:25..
(Offline)

Old 13th April 2008, 08:22   #3
malouin
RBW Member

Inspiration Vision Evolution
inspiration classic
malouin is on a distinguished road malouin is on a distinguished road

Hi,
Don't buy any rebreather without sure of serious AP service ! You can save time and money !
Emmanuel.
(Offline)

Old 13th April 2008, 21:47   #4
Andy Barker APS
RBW Member

Andy Barker APS is an unknown quantity at this point

HI,
a quick phone call to Nicky at AP with the scubber ID no she can
very quickly give you the low down on the unit, age,no of owners
if they registered it, when it was last looked at. With that information
you can then make your mind up if it worth it.

Andy
(Offline)

Old 13th April 2008, 22:57   #5
Humuhumu
Yellow Box Of Delight

Inspiration Vision
Dolphin (SCR & mCCR)
Humuhumu is an unknown quantity at this point

Ask for the serial number and call or email APD before buying this unit if you want to stay alive (and kicking !).

Cheers

Humuhumu
(Offline)

Old 14th April 2008, 20:41   #6
diverberr
RBW Member

diverberr is an unknown quantity at this point

If the price is right, it might be worth buying and upgrading. I bought mine last year for the sweet price of $1200, then spent $2000 upgrading the electronics, new looms, new solenoid, etc. I still got a pretty sweet deal, just keep in mind that you may have to put a considerable amount of money into the unit before you dive it and the purchase price should reflect this. At any rate, you should contact AP with the serial # and find out what you can about it's history.

Cheers,
Al.
(Offline)