It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World Rebreather Models, Design, and Accessories Rebreather Accessories and other dive kit Bail out Valve aka BOV

Old 26th August 2007, 18:14   #1
colinicky
RBW Member

rEvo II Hybrid Mini Titanium
Inspiration Vision
colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all
Question WOB Kiss BOV & changing the one way valves

I have a Kiss BOV fitted to my Inspiration .I spent last week in Scapa & switched back to the standard Inspiration DSV half way through the week & really noticed the difference in WOB .
Now my BOV uses standard Kiss one way valves & I know that Brett at Divelife used to sell adapters that accepted the Inspiration one way valves & screwed straight onto the Inspo hoses but has stopped selling them
So my question is do the Inspo valves make a significant difference over the Kiss valves to the WOB ? & does anybody have a pair of adapters that I could beg, steal, borrow or even buy ?
TIA
(Offline)

Old 19th October 2008, 01:24   #2
kevin stone
Supporting Member

Classic Kiss Hammerhead
Sport Kiss Hammerhead
kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice
Re: WOB Kiss BOV & changing the one way valves

Has anybody done this?
I will save up for the Golem but in the mean time can I bore out my Kiss DSV to accept the inspo one ways?
any pics?
thanks in advance
Kevin
(Offline)

Old 19th October 2008, 02:10   #3
kiwidiver
RBW Member

evo+,deep pursuit
kiwidiver will become famous soon enough kiwidiver will become famous soon enough kiwidiver will become famous soon enough

I changed my kiss bov to inspo check valves about 18mths ago.I did notice a improvement in wob.I is a dead simple mod take it to a machine shop you trust and enlarge the opening to accept the larger size inspo valves.I would love to see actual wob figures of the modded kiss bov with the new ap valves bov.
(Online)

Old 19th October 2008, 10:41   #4
colinicky
RBW Member

Inspiration Vision
colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all

Yep I did do this to mine . Machined out the end of the adapter where the Inpo hoses screw on . insert inspo valves ,job done .:D just make sure you put the valves in the correct way round otherwise you will reverse the loop direction . Cost me 10 at the local machine shop ,definite improvement in WOB . Only possible down side is the increase in dead air space inbetween the one way valves but TBH I never noticed any difference . Cann't do pictures as I have sold it now .
(Offline)

Old 19th October 2008, 16:38   #5
kevin stone
Supporting Member

Classic Kiss Hammerhead
Sport Kiss Hammerhead
kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice

Quote: (Originally Posted by kiwidiver) View Original Post
I changed my kiss bov to inspo check valves about 18mths ago.I did notice a improvement in wob.I is a dead simple mod take it to a machine shop you trust and enlarge the opening to accept the larger size inspo valves.I would love to see actual wob figures of the modded kiss bov with the new ap valves bov.
Could you post some pic's?
Does the valves go in the bov or in the quick disconnect adapter?
Thanks
kevin
(Offline)

Old 19th October 2008, 17:09   #6
colinicky
RBW Member

Inspiration Vision

Quote: (Originally Posted by kevin stone) View Original Post
Could you post some pic's?
Does the valves go in the bov or in the quick disconnect adapter?
Thanks
kevin
Kevin
DO NOT touch the Bov ,there is not enough plastic to machine . You need to machine the outer ends of the quick disconnect adapter . ie the ends that you fit the hoses to . To my knowledge this will only work on the adapters that are threaded for the inspo hoses to screw onto to .
Hope that makes it clearer for you .
(Offline)

Old 19th October 2008, 23:22   #7
kevin stone
Supporting Member

Classic Kiss Hammerhead
Sport Kiss Hammerhead

Thanks
Colin
(Offline)