It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World Rebreather Training Decompression & Gas Choices

Old 25th July 2007, 04:07   #1
Monkey
Head Dishwasher

Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +
Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Monkey Send a message via MSN to Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Monkey Send a message via Skype™ to Monkey
convert LPM to cubic feet per minute

what is the formula for converting an RMV in lpm to cu ft.?

so what would 1.25 lpm equate to?

thanks

BAM

and how do you convert a 3L tank to cubic feet?
(Offline)

Old 25th July 2007, 04:29   #2
kieranu
Apprentice Meg Pilot

Megalodon APECS 2.7
kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to kieranu
Re: convert LPM to cubic feet per minute

For cylinder size conversions, I refer you to this thread my friend:

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=2851

The same conversion can be used for RMV, e.g.

Convert cf into free liters using: cf * 28.3 = free liters

so 1.25lpm = .044 cuft/minute

You can also download the trial version of V Planner and have a play in metric and imperial modes.

V-Planner VPM & VPM-B dive decompression software
(Offline)

Old 25th July 2007, 05:00   #3
cramerdn
Unbanned

cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute

or better yet do everything in liters, liters per minute, bar, and meters and live a happy life.

I took a trimix course last weekend and my instructor was figuring his preasure needed in his al 80s without bothering to use the water capacity and using 80 cu ft even after I mentioned that they are really 77 cu ft tanks. His answer? "I figured my RMV using 80 cu ft as the tank volume so now I use it to calculate the psi needed for the dive." Maddness.
(Offline)

Old 25th July 2007, 05:12   #4
Monkey
Head Dishwasher

Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +
Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Monkey Send a message via MSN to Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Monkey Send a message via Skype™ to Monkey

Quote: (Originally Posted by cramerdn) View Original Post
or better yet do everything in liters, liters per minute, bar, and meters and live a happy life.

I took a trimix course last weekend and my instructor was figuring his preasure needed in his al 80s without bothering to use the water capacity and using 80 cu ft even after I mentioned that they are really 77 cu ft tanks. His answer? "I figured my RMV using 80 cu ft as the tank volume so now I use it to calculate the psi needed for the dive." Maddness.

after looking at the metric formulas.... imperial sucks... us americans do things the hard way don't we?

thanks for your help
(Offline)

Old 25th July 2007, 06:18   #5
cramerdn
Unbanned

cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute

I was 4 hours into my first tech diving course when I saw the light.
(Offline)