It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World Rebreather Models, Design, and Accessories CCR - Closed Circuit Rebreathers Innerspace Systems Corp. Megalodon Rebreather

Old 27th April 2007, 23:15   #1
jdicediver
John Harcus

rEvo
Copis Megalodon
jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice
Megalodon Sighted...proof that living specimen exists

(AP) Reuters

April 27, 2007 - 12:32PM MST

by Jdicediver - Not a staff writer

Earlier today, just off the desolate coast of Alberta, a previously thought extinct species of giant shark (Megalodon Charcharadon) was sighted by an excited local enthusiast and admirer.

The entire population of these primitive sharks were thought to have been decimated by the giant squid (genus architeuthis) around the time of the last ice age (12,700 years ago) but new compelling evidence proves otherwise.

Contrary to the beliefs of a contingency of scientists known globally as:
A. (additional Rebreather(s) you have had experience on or have owned) this ISC derivative species has ruled the Oceans of the globe for millions of years, and will continue to do so for many more.

I do have your attention now, haven't I?

Well...enough fun on my part. Now...on to the exciting part...

Finally paid for, One COPIS Megalodon, training to be initiated 12 May with his eminance Mr. FIGJAM himself...

Looking forward to experiencing what all the rave is about...
(Offline)

Old 27th April 2007, 23:42   #2
rigdiver
LEARNING CONTINUALLY

Inspo Vision
Classic YBOD
rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough
Re: Megalodon Sighted...proof that living specimen exists

Ye shall not be disappointed
(Offline)

Old 27th May 2007, 04:19   #3
jdicediver
John Harcus

rEvo
Copis Megalodon
jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice

Well...I now do understand.

Definition form Wikipedia.com:

A rebreather is a type of breathing equipment that provides a breathing gas containing oxygen and recycles exhaled gas. This recycling reduces the volume of breathing gas used, making a rebreather a lightweight and compact breathing set for long durations in environments where humans cannot safely breathe from the atmosphere.

Hmmm...interesting concept, now all I need to do is quit "nosebreathing" to maximize the recycling of that exhaled gas...

Wait a minute...so how does that wediveBC guy get 4+ hours on 500PSI worth of O2?

OK...it says "Humans"...

LOL, gotcha
(Offline)

Old 27th May 2007, 04:31   #4
sensor330
RBW Member

Who cares
A few
sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to sensor330

Quote: (Originally Posted by jdicediver) View Original Post
Well...I now do understand.

Definition form Wikipedia.com:

A rebreather is a type of breathing equipment that provides a breathing gas containing oxygen and recycles exhaled gas. This recycling reduces the volume of breathing gas used, making a rebreather a lightweight and compact breathing set for long durations in environments where humans cannot safely breathe from the atmosphere.

Hmmm...interesting concept, now all I need to do is quit "nosebreathing" to maximize the recycling of that exhaled gas...

Wait a minute...so how does that wediveBC guy get 4+ hours on 500PSI worth of O2?

OK...it says "Humans"...

LOL, gotcha
I don't think 4 hours + on 500 psi is possible its probably closer to 1.5-2hrs
(Offline)

Old 27th May 2007, 04:34   #5
decoweenie
RBW Member

decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote: (Originally Posted by sensor330) View Original Post
I don't think 4 hours + on 500 psi is possible its probably closer to 1.5-2hrs
That's only approximately 100 liters of O2 (if using 3L tank).

So depending on how deep the dive (and the diluent used), you might just used up a portion of that to get to SP at depth.

My guess is 100 liters will be good for about 1 hour before the pressure is too low to flow... :)
(Offline)

Old 27th May 2007, 04:55   #6
sensor330
RBW Member

Who cares
A few
sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to sensor330

Quote: (Originally Posted by decoweenie) View Original Post
That's only approximately 100 liters of O2 (if using 3L tank).

So depending on how deep the dive (and the diluent used), you might just used up a portion of that to get to SP at depth.

My guess is 100 liters will be good for about 1 hour before the pressure is too low to flow... :)
Yeah that sounds about right. I know I can get close to 6 hours of diving out of a 3l cylinder filled to 180 bar. When I fill it it usually has 20-30 bar left. I'm sure Dave is about the same unless he doesnt breath.
(Offline)