It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World Rebreather Models, Design, and Accessories Rebreather Accessories and other dive kit

Old 3rd April 2007, 10:19   #1
iratnl
Rob Clemes

Copis Meg
KISS Sport
iratnl will become famous soon enough iratnl will become famous soon enough iratnl will become famous soon enough iratnl will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to iratnl
Question Which are the lightest 2L Cylinders

I'm looking to get a pair of 2L Cylinders for my KISS Sport; primarily for travelling - so I'm looking for the lightest ones; which are lighter, Steel or Alloy. I've heard that the thicker walls of the Ally make them heavier than the steels - but whenever I've held a 2L Luxfer, it sure feels lighter than a 2L faber !
(Offline)

Old 3rd April 2007, 10:25   #2
AD_ward9
Banned - Threat of Litigation

AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which are the lightest 2L Cylinders

Quote: (Originally Posted by iratnl) View Original Post
I'm looking to get a pair of 2L Cylinders for my KISS Sport; primarily for travelling - so I'm looking for the lightest ones; which are lighter, Steel or Alloy. I've heard that the thicker walls of the Ally make them heavier than the steels - but whenever I've held a 2L Luxfer, it sure feels lighter than a 2L faber !
The lightest 2L cylinders suitable for O2 are SCI: carbon filament on Ali, 300 bar, O2 rated and given the cost of RBs accessories, are affordable. I have one in my hand. They have an 18mm thread.

Anyone know of any company that makes a 300 bar DIN SCUBA cylinder valve that has an 18mm thread? Getting 25mm valves turned down to 18mm and replated is a pain.

Alex
(Offline)

Old 3rd April 2007, 10:28   #3
Stephane
Stéphane Acounis

rEvo3 rMS
rEvo2 HH, rEvo1
Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all

Have a look at Tecme's website, Martin has nice used ali/carbon 2l tanks, 2,2kg with the valve. I use them on my rEvo. ;)
(Offline)

Old 3rd April 2007, 10:33   #4
Woz
RBW Member

Woz has a spectacular aura about Woz has a spectacular aura about Woz has a spectacular aura about Woz has a spectacular aura about Woz has a spectacular aura about Woz has a spectacular aura about

Quote: (Originally Posted by AD_ward9) View Original Post
Anyone know of any company that makes a 300 bar DIN SCUBA cylinder valve that has an 18mm thread? Getting 25mm valves turned down to 18mm and replated is a pain.
Alex
AP Valves do a 232 bar version part no AP93M18
(Offline)

Old 3rd April 2007, 10:51   #5
AD_ward9
Banned - Threat of Litigation

AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote: (Originally Posted by Stephane) View Original Post
Have a look at Tecme's website, Martin has nice used ali/carbon 2l tanks, 2,2kg with the valve. I use them on my rEvo. ;)
Thanks. I emailed for price and availability for the valves.

Cheers

Alex
(Offline)

Old 3rd April 2007, 11:38   #6
Stephane
Stéphane Acounis

rEvo3 rMS
rEvo2 HH, rEvo1
Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all

Thanks. I emailed for price and availability for the valves.

Cheers

Alex
Tank thread is small conical. The valve is O2 German standard but Martin can put standard G5/8 DIN instead.
Have a look:
(Offline)

Old 3rd April 2007, 11:40   #7
jasonvds
oxygen nerd

jasonvds is on a distinguished road jasonvds is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jasonvds

SCI are the way to go as they are easily accessible, there are some nicer cylinders out there but military only i'm afraid...
(Offline)

Old 5th April 2007, 15:53   #8
bad_karma
RBW Member

Next Generation Rebreather!
Dolphin, LAR V
bad_karma will become famous soon enough bad_karma will become famous soon enough bad_karma will become famous soon enough

The lightest 2L cylinders suitable for O2 are SCI: carbon filament on Ali, 300 bar, O2 rated and given the cost of RBs accessories, are affordable. I have one in my hand. They have an 18mm thread.

Alex
Where can you get these? Available in DOT spec?
(Offline)

Old 5th April 2007, 20:09   #9
colinicky
RBW Member

rEvo II Hybrid Mini Titanium
Inspiration Vision
colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all

2L ally Luxfer stamped up at 3kg .If you want to buy it ? I'm in eastbourne on sunday diving :D
(Offline)

Old 5th April 2007, 23:46   #10
Brad_Horn
Banned

Apoc
Drager
Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of

Alex et al,

T.D. Preece in Australia do a large variety of different spec valves for scuba, be it military or regular. They have a number of M18 valves depending on the orientation you want.

http://www.australianvalve.com/

Regards
Brad
(Offline)