It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World Rebreather Models, Design, and Accessories Rebreather Accessories and other dive kit

Old 19th March 2007, 12:35   #1
lizardland
Acme Serpentine Lubricant

lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute
E/O connectors... are they still sh*te?

As the title says...

I have two battery packs, one HID head, considering putting E/O connectors on so I don't have to lug a 14Ah battery on 30min dives. It's been years since I've experienced the joys of E/O's on a Dive Rite Neutralite...

Cheers,

Stuart
(Offline)

Old 19th March 2007, 12:42   #2
decoweenie
RBW Member

decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: E/O connectors... are they still sh*te?

No they are not!

I would never consider a light system if I can't use E/O connectors with it.

Having said that, you need to add the Sartek-introduced clamp on the E/O to prevent the inner flares from opening up too much over time and lose connection. The clamp also help to increase the force required to pull apart the connector. It even has wings/holes to add a zip tie for super-secured connection.

I have been using E/O for a long time...

And yes, you have to rinse and do normal maintenance on the connection.
(Offline)

Old 19th March 2007, 14:16   #3
EBT
Nekton

Classic Kiss
Sports kiss, dolphin
EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote: (Originally Posted by decoweenie) View Original Post
do normal maintenance on the connection.
"Normal maintenance", you mean throw the kit in the corner, swear about lack of cheese/wine and proceed to adjust your IP with a brick? Anyone would think you'd seen stuart in action.

remind me to tell you the backplate story one day.....
(Offline)

Old 19th March 2007, 14:39   #4
lizardland
Acme Serpentine Lubricant

lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote: (Originally Posted by EBT) View Original Post
remind me to tell you the backplate story one day.....
Is that the one about when I needed something to cool my haemarhoids with and the only thing to hand was your backplate? The bend fitted nicely... I didn't think it was worth bothering you about it, I thought I'd wiped most of it afterwards but... :D
(Offline)

Old 19th March 2007, 14:46   #5
EBT
Nekton

Classic Kiss
Sports kiss, dolphin
EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute

Which brings us neatly onto the "turd weight" ;)

Personally I admire your anti theft technique, having your kit look so shitty that even a french cave diver would rather use a calor gas reg than nick one off your kit..... genius, pure genius.

PS. Is that a megalodon?
(Offline)