It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World Rebreather Models, Design, and Accessories Rebreather Accessories and other dive kit

Old 5th March 2007, 13:48   #1
tamorgen
Gadget guru extrordinaire

tamorgen is on a distinguished road tamorgen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to tamorgen
Questions about VR3

Hi all,
I'm looking at getting a VR3 for use with my Dolphin (probably overkill, yeah) and for OC deco dives. I need a little advice concerning looking at a used unit. Is this really an option? I know that when you buy from Delta P, you have to register the serial number and associated PINs.
  • What happens when you change ownership?
  • Will VR3 still honor the PINs & let you upgrade based upon the serial number?
  • What's the real difference between the firware versions? I know the current version is V5.03aC, but what if I get one that is V3.x?
Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Last edited by tamorgen; 5th March 2007 at 14:05..
(Offline)

Old 5th March 2007, 14:01   #2
Nad
ZeroEmissions

Sentinel - Ouroboros - Evo
HomeBuild, Inspiration Classic
Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Questions about VR3

Quote: (Originally Posted by tamorgen) View Original Post
Hi all,
I'm looking at getting a VR3 for use with my Dolphin (probably overkill, yeah) and for OC deco dives. I need a little advice concerning looking at a used unit. Is this really an option? I know that when you buy from Delta P, you have to register the serial number and associated PINs.
  • What's the real difference between the firware versions? I know the current version is V5.03aC, but what if I get one that is V3.x?
Hi,
If you try to look at FAQ on their website you will find most of the Answer.
VR3 and VR2 Dive computer from Delta P Technology

However every unit is upgradable, price depend on the age.

Every unit has a registered story (serial nr., PINs, maintenance, etc) so they can tell everything.

I have an old version and it's work great, in 5 years I just give it back for a button problem, last week!

Actual version have every option already integrated, you just need the PIN to activate what you will need.
Soon (one or two month) a new download software will be launched and it is really complete and easy to use. Same for the ProPlanner, I did see it!

You will need a Pport with cable to use with the Dräger or one of the new Universal Rebreather Monitor.

If I were you I would look for on of the latest versions, C board.
You can see this information on the first screen in the lower left corner if there is a C then it's ok.

For further information you can contact Al Wright at DeltaP he's a really friendly guy and he will help you for anything.

Hope this help.

Nad
(Offline)

Old 5th March 2007, 17:08   #3
Helium_diver
Kevin Hagerich

KISS Classic
ccr dolphin
Helium_diver is an unknown quantity at this point

Tamorgen,
Take a good look at the cochran emc20-h. Get the three fo2 two ppo2 display. You can than use it for OC and closed. Got rid of my Vr3 . Nothing worse than having to push a button to confirm a gas switch and then the computer doesn't acnowledge. Or having the button just pop out. They can be a real pain in the arse. The Cochran is friendly and cheaper and service if you ever need it is a lot easier. Took over two months to get my VR3 to England and Back. But YMMV

Helium_diver
(Online)

Old 5th March 2007, 20:39   #4
Dinspiration
RBW Member

Dinspiration is a jewel in the rough Dinspiration is a jewel in the rough Dinspiration is a jewel in the rough Dinspiration is a jewel in the rough Dinspiration is a jewel in the rough Dinspiration is a jewel in the rough Dinspiration is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

If you buy a second hand VR3 make sure you will get all the PIN's with the computer. Without a PIN you can't change the owner info of the VR3.

All PIN's are based on the serial number. And will stay with you even when the owner of the VR3 has changed.

Important is the age of the VR3 computer and the mainboard. Depending on the this most of the functions can be activated purchase a pin. On older version a upgrade of the mainboard may be needed. Die actual board revision is C.

The Firmware V5.03aC is only available for devices with the colour screen. The monochrome versions are still at V3.x.

DINspiration

Quote: (Originally Posted by tamorgen) View Original Post
Hi all,
(Offline)

Old 17th March 2007, 20:42   #5
tamorgen
Gadget guru extrordinaire

tamorgen is on a distinguished road tamorgen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to tamorgen

Thanks all,
I am getting a used one. It may actually be in the mail today. It is monochrome, but the latest revision, so far as I can tell. It does have the 7 pin interface, so I shouldn't have to send it back to England anytime soon, unless I want the universal rebreather display. It should be fun to get my hands on it and see what all the fuss is about. :p
(Offline)