It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World Rebreather Models, Design, and Accessories Rebreather Accessories and other dive kit

Old 26th February 2007, 09:20   #1
Stephane
Stéphane Acounis

rEvo3 rMS
rEvo2 HH, rEvo1
Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all
Question Jax mouthpiece for a Ray DSV ?

Hello,

Yesterday I made my first dives after 6 month of recovery from surgery. It was cool (and cold), the rEvo performed flawlessly.

The mouthpiece I have have a gag retainer, which is great for security, but is a little too thick for my jaws. So after few minutes, I don't feel confortable and sometimes it gives me nauseas.
When I was diving OC, I had a JAX mouthpiece and it is the best mouthpiece I ever had. The problem is that the Ray DSV is wider than a regular second stage so it is quite impossible to put it.

Is there a similar product that can be fitted into a Ray DSV (it is 42mm wide) ?

Thank you for your help.
(Offline)

Old 28th February 2007, 21:30   #2
hoppyinca

hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough
Re: Jax mouthpiece for a Ray DSV ?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Tino Corp.) View Original Post
... JAX mouthpiece... Ray DSV is wider ...similar product that can be fitted into a Ray DSV (it is 42mm wide) ?

Thank you for your help.
I have not used this particular mouthpeice before, but evidently I eat mouthpeices; 3 in the past year (or sometimes step on them on the boat... oops!)...

I am currently using a Ray DSV, and have fitted several different mouth pieces on it. This time around I am using a Poseidon mouthpiece.

Basically any mouthpiece will work, just be gental putting it on... and don't step on it!

Hoppyinca
(Offline)

Old 28th February 2007, 21:40   #3
RebreatherNut
Casual Sport Kiss Pilot

Sport Kiss
RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via Skype™ to RebreatherNut

I have used the Manta-Bite Mouthpiece on the Ray DSV, also the mouthpieces that come with Apeks regulators and have that orthodontic thingy on top work great as well.

cheers,
RBN
(Offline)

Old 28th February 2007, 21:48   #4
Stephane
Stéphane Acounis

rEvo3 rMS
rEvo2 HH, rEvo1
Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all

Hello,

Thank you both for your comments.

I don't like the orthodontic mouthpiece, it makes me wanna throw up.

I will try to heat the Jax to see if it can fit the Ray DSV. Hope it won't break.
(Offline)

Old 14th March 2007, 12:09   #5
PoseidonSv
RBW Member

PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to PoseidonSv Send a message via MSN to PoseidonSv

Hello I use JAX on my Ray dsv NO problem to mount if if you want to do it.
(Offline)

Old 14th March 2007, 12:54   #6
Stephane
Stéphane Acounis

rEvo3 rMS
rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

Hi,

I have mounted my old Jax mouthpiece on the Ray DSV. I guess it's OK, I will see tomorrow if it's not leaking.
I think I have over-heated the mouthpiece, I won't be able to put it on a normal regulator again.

Maybe the Seacure mouthpiece is more adapted as it is wider.
(Offline)

Old 16th March 2007, 22:18   #7
womble
RBW Member

JJ-CCR
Meg
womble has a spectacular aura about womble has a spectacular aura about womble has a spectacular aura about womble has a spectacular aura about womble has a spectacular aura about womble has a spectacular aura about

I use a JAX mouthpiece on a meg DSV. This was also too wide, so I heated the end that fits over the DSV (in hot water) until it was soft and then stretched it over the DSV. Just be gentle when stretching it over and you should be fine.
(Offline)

Old 16th March 2007, 22:21   #8
Stephane
Stéphane Acounis

rEvo3 rMS
rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

Quote: (Originally Posted by womble) View Original Post
I use a JAX mouthpiece on a meg DSV. This was also too wide, so I heated the end that fits over the DSV (in hot water) until it was soft and then stretched it over the DSV. Just be gentle when stretching it over and you should be fine.
Yes, now I know i had to be gentle ...
The mouthpiece ripped off my hands when I was putting it on the DSV so now it is too wide and it's leaking. I will try to find a Seacure mouthpiece.
(Offline)

Old 16th March 2007, 23:21   #9
TheBcDiver
James Jennings

TheBcDiver is an unknown quantity at this point

Does fitting these type of mouth piece not increase the WOB?

I had thought of fitting one to my inspo but was tod that due to the above it was not a good idea. Anyone got experience of this?
(Offline)

Old 29th May 2008, 21:42   #10
tony13
rEvo Shearwater

rEvo
tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13 has a spectacular aura about

Hi Stephane,
Any luck with a new mouth piece yet. I'm also looking to change mine but haven't found one I'm happy with yet.
Tony
(Offline)