Closed Thread

Thread: EBAY Ox rebreather listed Jan 2007

RBW Member DarthCoker is on a distinguished road DarthCoker is on a distinguished road DarthCoker's Avatar
    KISS Classic

IDA 64, Dolphin

EBAY Ox rebreather listed Jan 2007

Recently saw an item on EBAY - an East German Army Ox Rebreather (no model number given). EBAY Item # 270083762764 The listing gives very little information at all - Seller is from Holland. Have never seen a unit like this before. Anyone know anything about this unit?

Longbottom Time RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL's Avatar

Re: EBAY Ox rebreather listed Jan 2007

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCoker  View Original Post
    Recently saw an item on EBAY - an East German Army Ox Rebreather (no model number given). EBAY Item # 270083762764 The listing gives very little information at all - Seller is from Holland. Have never seen a unit like this before. Anyone know anything about this unit?
    Its a simple"throw away" unit. Go to Dave ******s rebreather pages to learn all about them.

RAL

Still Learning Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose's Avatar

Re: EBAY Ox rebreather listed Jan 2007

Quote Originally Posted by RAL  View Original Post
    Its a simple"throw away" unit. Go to Dave ******s rebreather pages to learn all about them.

RAL
    I beg to disagree....while I do not use them anymore, their parts can be found in a number of my systems.

Issues

you need to modify the scrubber for refil
    No DSV
    WOB is geared for video work not reall effort
    Tapered valve...a pain to travel

You can see a lot of stuff on the RGU on my pages

I've had a lot of fun with these guys and have the parts and pieces to rebuild 5, and one is intact.

They certainly ain't a MEG but for an hour and a half on a shallow reef, they can be a lot of fun.

Tom

Closed Thread