+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DiveSorb limitation

RBW Member OTHMAN is an unknown quantity at this point OTHMAN's Avatar

DiveSorb limitation

Guys

I dive with Dolphin and does not have any device to indicate the divesorb limitation use. Rules of thumb, that the limit can be a 4 hrs dive in full canister and 2 hrs dive if using half in dolphin.
    Is there any in the market, devices to rate the divesorb use> ?

Othman
    Singapore

Gadget guru extrordinaire tamorgen is on a distinguished road tamorgen is on a distinguished road tamorgen's Avatar
    Dive Rite O2ptima

Dräger Dolphin SCR

Re: DiveSorb limitation

Quote Originally Posted by OTHMAN  View Original Post
    Guys

I dive with Dolphin and does not have any device to indicate the divesorb limitation use. Rules of thumb, that the limit can be a 4 hrs dive in full canister and 2 hrs dive if using half in dolphin.

Othman
    Singapore
    Othman,
    There really is no electronic way of knowing, if that is what you are asking. A CO2 monitor is in development, but it's not on the market yet, and it's no subsitute to sticking to safety guidelines.

The only other way that I know if is a color changing sorb, like Sofnolime by Dive Rite, which changes color with use. This off course is no use underwater.

Remember, there is no redundancy for your brain.

Steve Sprague 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster's Avatar
    rEvo

Dolphin

Guys

Othman
    Singapore
    Othman,

I am not sure that Drager recommends 2 hours on the half fill, see attached pdf:
    Attached Files

Bro

Yes My instructor advice me on that .. 2hrs use as a rules of thumb.. Hope the monitoring device up soon . possible may save many wastage .. and dive
    time
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 4ster  View Original Post
    Othman,

I am not sure that Drager recommends 2 hours on the half fill, see attached pdf:
    Thanks

For the info.. bro Appreciate it !!!

OTHMAN
    SINGAPORE

Gadget guru extrordinaire tamorgen is on a distinguished road tamorgen is on a distinguished road tamorgen's Avatar
    Dive Rite O2ptima

Dräger Dolphin SCR

Thanks

For the info.. bro Appreciate it !!!

OTHMAN
    SINGAPORE
    I think you are missing 4ster's point. If you read the Dräger pdf, it spefically says 3 hour max for a full cannister, 1 hour for a half fill. If you try and get 4 hours on a full fill and 2 hours on a half, you are going to end up killing yourself. Don't try and push the limits to save a little money.

Quote Originally Posted by tamorgen  View Original Post
    I think you are missing 4ster's point. If you read the Dräger pdf, it spefically says 3 hour max for a full cannister, 1 hour for a half fill. If you try and get 4 hours on a full fill and 2 hours on a half, you are going to end up killing yourself. Don't try and push the limits to save a little money.

Ok
    Bro noted, thanks 4ster for your info..
    At the moment now I am testing it at half fill in pool of 2 m to find out the max. I know it a risk taking. I will not compromise that

At the moment. I just finish diving in pool at half fill for 1 hrs. I will try the same softnolime for another hrs ..

As was told that the you will feel dificult in breathing and that due to softnolime decreasing right !!

OTHMAN

Quote Originally Posted by tamorgen  View Original Post
    So

Possible we can do three dive of 1 hrs each with full softnolime right

designer of death rdmmdr is a jewel in the rough rdmmdr is a jewel in the rough rdmmdr is a jewel in the rough rdmmdr is a jewel in the rough rdmmdr is a jewel in the rough rdmmdr is a jewel in the rough rdmmdr is a jewel in the rough rdmmdr's Avatar

othman

slow down, while i enjoy your enthusiasm, you are going way to fast. There are old rebreather divers and bold rebreather divers , but no old and bold rebreather divers.

Two days ago you could not do the math for blending, today you feel competent to ignore manufactures recommendations. And be a crash test dummy.

I encourage everyone to increase thier skill levels but it takes time. Time that you have yet to invest. Spend that time lurking here, working on your gear, and playing. This is from a homebuilder. I will be glad to help you with any problem that you have, but you have to prove to us that you are not on the road to death.

rick

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Pool testing will not help you at all as to knowing duration, as the deeper you go the quicker the sorb will break through due to the reaction depth increasing.

Like wise you might well not get 3 by 1 hour dives out of the sorb if you go to any depth - the last dive might be fine in a few metres but might well break through at the deepest bit of the dive straight away.

If that doesn't make much sense then do a quick search on the site to look at the reaction fronts and how depth and temperature affect scrubber duration.

Stuart

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast