+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Rebreather Diver

New Member Tech Bob is an unknown quantity at this point Tech Bob's Avatar

Thumbs up New Rebreather Diver

Hello everyone,
    I'm new to CCR diving, but currently own a Draeger Dolphin SCR. My interests are leading me deeper and consequently, to CCR Trimix diving. I have been reading the specs and recommendations concerning several of the leading CCRs, but am leaning towards a Meg Copas. I know this is a very leading question, but are there any recommendations towards another CCR, or compelling reasons why I shouldn't consider the Meg copas?

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Re: New Rebreather Diver

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Bob  View Original Post
    Hello everyone,
    I'm new to CCR diving, but currently own a Draeger Dolphin SCR. My interests are leading me deeper and consequently, to CCR Trimix diving. I have been reading the specs and recommendations concerning several of the leading CCRs, but am leaning towards a Meg Copas. I know this is a very leading question, but are there any recommendations towards another CCR, or compelling reasons why I shouldn't consider the Meg copas?
    Welcome to the board. I was fortunate to have the use of a copis prototype for several months and logged a few dives on it. Although I prefer the apecs version I found the copis was easy to dive, and set up. I had been diving a kiss/dolphin before that and was quite used the mCCR style of diving.
    Good luck in your quest, but here is one vote for the copis.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member Kim Meineche has a spectacular aura about Kim Meineche has a spectacular aura about Kim Meineche has a spectacular aura about Kim Meineche has a spectacular aura about Kim Meineche has a spectacular aura about Kim Meineche has a spectacular aura about Kim Meineche's Avatar
    Costom COPIS Meg.

KISS-Dolphin

Hello everyone,

Hello Tech Bob!

Diving the Copis for a while I am SO HAPPY about it. PPO2 is easily mainteained and I know for sure I will die, if I don't look after it and take prober action.... on the other hand....I think I would trust the electronics of an APECS-meg too much as the times goes by and this would probably kill me someday, so the COPIS works perfect for me and my attitude!

Another thing..... last week I discovered that the noozle on my COPIS was glogged for some reason???? Well, this can happend to any kind of noozle and probably will on any MCCR someday!!
    I just dropped the noozle into vinegar acid (Some sort of... 5%) for 24hours, cleaned and reasembled the parts and my Meggie was running perfectly again! VERY easy and simple to do... even on a divetrip!!
    Last edited by Kim Meineche; 12th February 2007 at 21:47.

Custom Title Allowed! Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law's Avatar

Hello everyone,

Hi Tech Bob,

Welcome to RBW.

Good luck with whatever CCR you decide to buy.

Regards

RBW Member dave burke is on a distinguished road dave burke is on a distinguished road dave burke's Avatar
    APD Vision

Hi Bob
    welcome to RBW
    good luck with the choice that you make,
    safe diing
    dave

Steve Sprague 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster's Avatar
    rEvo

Dolphin

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the sand box. Keep us posted on what you choose.

+ Reply to Thread