Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Inspiration Rebreather VISION HUD + more EBAY?

Loving Silent Submersion Micronics is an unknown quantity at this point Micronics's Avatar
    Inspo Classic, FGT SCR

Draeger Ray, FGT-mCCR, RG-UFM

Lightbulb Re: Inspiration Rebreather VISION HUD + more EBAY?

If I was informed correctly, you could check the serial number with the manufacturer.

You could try contacting them via Ambient Pressure Diving Ltd.

RBW Member pabusk is a jewel in the rough pabusk is a jewel in the rough pabusk is a jewel in the rough pabusk is a jewel in the rough pabusk is a jewel in the rough pabusk is a jewel in the rough pabusk is a jewel in the rough pabusk's Avatar

Re: Inspiration Rebreather VISION HUD + more EBAY?

Ask for a picture of the startup screen. Off factory it has not only the serial # but also owner name and telephone number on it. Just call this # and confirm that he/she is realy the owner

Cheers,
    Paul

Phil Siswick, Tango PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

APD Inspiration, Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by pabusk  View Original Post
    Ask for a picture of the startup screen. Off factory it has not only the serial # but also owner name and telephone number on it. Just call this # and confirm that he/she is realy the owner

Cheers,
    Paul
    Thing is, I'm pretty sure you can change the owner and phone number from the menus, so it won't really carry a lot of weight.

The serial number is fixed, of course.

Cheers,

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhilSiswick  View Original Post
    Thing is, I'm pretty sure you can change the owner and phone number from the menus, so it won't really carry a lot of weight.

The serial number is fixed, of course.

Cheers,
    not sure you can or rather not found the option

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Phil Siswick, Tango PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Quote Originally Posted by Beanie  View Original Post
    not sure you can or rather not found the option
    I stand corrected - I've just scrolled through the manual and lo, you need the factory to change user and phone number. D*mn, I'd asked them to set mine to read 'Siswick', so that my wife wouldn't think I'd spent family money on a toy just for me. They set it to 'Phil Siswick' instead and I've been getting stick for it ever since.

Ah well, nothing for it but to buy a second unit when she's ready to do Mod 1 :-(

Cheers,

New Member Jim Lyons is an unknown quantity at this point Jim Lyons's Avatar

Doesn't look like it was written by an experienced Vision diver does it? - Unless there is a language issue here

Jim

Closed Account lolwhat is an unknown quantity at this point lolwhat's Avatar

oz_ging's user page says he's in the UK - so why is the Inspo located in the US?

Yep, it's a scam.

He has a zero score, too. That probably means the scammer created the account for one-time use. He'll abandon it after the sale; once the buyer finds out he was scammed, the very negative feedback from him won't matter.

New Member Boris The Builder will become famous soon enough Boris The Builder will become famous soon enough Boris The Builder will become famous soon enough Boris The Builder's Avatar

How does the scam work then?

The seller in America seems to have reasonable feedback which you could check by contacting the previous purchasers/sellers of the current live items shown on his feedback record.

What does he do? Create an account, in this case Oz-ging, use this fake account to push the bidding up against a geniune bidder and then offer a second chance infllated price to the real bidder?

How would the fake feedback be created and does eBay not have some kind of protection against this?

JJ-CCR

Quote Originally Posted by Boris The Builder  View Original Post
    How does the scam work then?

The seller in America seems to have reasonable feedback which you could check by contacting the previous purchasers/sellers of the current live items shown on his feedback record.

What does he do? Create an account, in this case Oz-ging, use this fake account to push the bidding up against a geniune bidder and then offer a second chance infllated price to the real bidder?

How would the fake feedback be created and does eBay not have some kind of protection against this?
    The scammers hijack existing profiles with positive feedback and then use them to sell scam items. Clues are things like: The feedback is only for purchasing, not selling, or the price of this is much greater than any other item in the feedback, and/or this is the only scuba item this person has ever sold.

That's in addition to the obvious checks - user is in different location to unit, spelling mistakes, obvious factual errors, use of Western Union only....

In this case, it's interesting that the purchaser is based in the UK, when the unit is in the US and has no feedback. The fact that there were only two bids is interesting too - maybe people are more wary of scammers now.

Cheers,

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast