+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Wreck Diving Book Released

RBW Member sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave's Avatar
    Sports Kiss

New Wreck Diving Book Released

Hi guys, gals, and others. :D

Captain Trevor Jackson, of the MV Esperance Star has finally released his book today.

Entitled "Wreck Diving in Southern Queensland" its got a bit of everything. For those that know Trev, or have read any of his stories, know just how good a writer is. His stories are always thoroughly entertaining, and very well written. He has had articles published on numerous websites and magazines.

Have a look on his website,
    Welcome to the Home of Brisbanes Favourite Scuba Diving Liveabord - MV Esperance Star for pictures of the front and rear cover of the book, but also, for a preview of his writing style, click on "News and Stories" and follow the menu to "Trevs Stories". Some of these stories are included in the book, as well as some new ones which have never been published before.

The book also has details of the "Centaur Dive". In 2002, Trev and Dr Simon Mitchell made a dive to a wreck that was believed to be the Australian Hospital Ship Centaur. At 177m, this was (at the time, it has since been superseded) the world record deepest wreck dive. Trev was diving his Classic Inspiration rebreather, Dr Si was on his Mk15.5.

Added to the stories, for the Australians in the crowd, or those that might want to visit (trust me, read the book, and you'll want to move here!), there are specific details of almost all the known wrecks in Southern Queensland, and some of the ones that are still to be found. Each wreck includes accurate GPS co-ordinates, dive site rating, depth, experience level required, and a good description.

There are also some great photos of the wrecks in the book, taken by some of Australia's best known deep and wreck photographers, quite a few of them being RBW members also. (I personally like the photo on the back cover, and the one on page 17, but I may be biased!!! :D)

Trev has been diving since his teens, a former commercial diver, he holds a Master IV skippers ticket, and is one of the most accomplished deep technical wreck divers in Australia. He has personally found more wrecks than most people have dived! He was named "Australian Technical Diver of the Year" in 2005, at the prestigious Oztek4 Diving Technologies Conference.

I can't recommend this book highly enough, and I'm sure all the Aussie contingent will back me up, in saying that Trev is a great bloke, a great writer, and every keen wreck diver worldwide should have a copy of this book.

Anyways, enough blowing smoke up Trev's arse, it can be bought through Jason Blackwell's ebay store (Jason of course being a member here on RBW, you don't have to worry about the credentials!!!).

eBay Australia: Wreck Diving in Southern Queensland by Trevor Jackson (item 130069291049, end time 14-Feb-07 19:12:19 AEDST)

Please ignore the "ships to Australia" part, Jas is working on costing for overseas shipping, and it should be updated tomorrow. (right Jas?) :D

One last thing, I was lucky enough to catch up with Trev tonight, and get my copy signed. I think I may make this my new sig here...

"The best thing to find in a wreck, is the way out".

Enjoy.

Scuba Imports Australia Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris's Avatar
    rEVO III rMS

Inspo, Kiss, Prism, Meg, Pos

Re: New Wreck Diving Book Released Today!

Joy of Joys
    Just got word Trev signed my copy and the good boys at D3 are sending it over tomorrow. :D

Anyone that loves a good dive story should get this book :D

Cheers
    Chriso

Evolution Pilot MarkK is an unknown quantity at this point MarkK's Avatar

Re: New Wreck Diving Book Released Today!

Great book for anyone considering wreck diving in Southern Queensland. Well written stories told in a very entertaining style.

MarkK

+ Reply to Thread