+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reefrat's first post!!

RBW Member reefrat is an unknown quantity at this point reefrat's Avatar

Reefrat's first post!!

Hi all

I've been researching the whole rebreather thing for a few months and am currently reading Jeff Bozanics "understanding rebreathers" cover to cover.

This website, and in particular the forums look like the best source of rebreather facts and trivia I have yet found on the net so I'm hoping to pick a few brains as I get closer to buying a RB and getting trained.

The Plan!

I will most likely go for a KISS concept RB, preferably with a HUD.
    My diving will be "recreational" with occasional dives to 130ft or so, but I want to option to extend deeper and wil probably do a normoxic gas course asap.
    UW photography (semi serious) and dive travel are my main interests.

The best options I can see so far are a Kiss Classic with a Subsea HUD or a Megalodon Copis. I like the Kiss unit a lot but the quality and better WOB of the meg may sway me.

I have 170 logged dives but the actual figure is probably around 300 (didn't log dives for a few years) and tend to use mostly EANX 32% or air.
    My main gear is an Atomic B2 reg, DSS BP/wing and Vytec computer.

That's it...I'm hoping to buy my first RB sometime soon when I make up my mind what type, and look forward to hearing all your words of wisdom!

Cheers

Blogs Admin / Forum Mod sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven's Avatar

Re: Reefrat's first post!!

Hi reefrat & Welcome to RBW!

The people, articles, gallery, library and the blogs on RBW will be of great help in your quest! All the best with your mission to find the right RB for yourself.

Greetings from sunny Sydney!

~~~~~ #417 ~~~~~ PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer's Avatar

From another half-time Houstonian, welcome!

It seems like the popularity of RBs is coming on strong. More and more familiar nicks are showing up here weekly.

Oh, you'll also be glad to know that when you are competent on the RB, you'll be able to use it on the MV Spree that runs trips to the Flower Gardens. More details are here.

Let's keep in touch.

P.S. The COPIS would be a fine aqusition. ;)

RBW Member reefrat is an unknown quantity at this point reefrat's Avatar

Thanks for the comments and Paketsniffer I'll keep in touch- a trip to the Flower Gardens when the weather warms up would be just the ticket!

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Since you are interested in the KISS units, there is a Sport-KISS for sale and the seller lives in Houston (i.e. Hwy 290 area) FYI.

Search in the For Sale forum, I believe the seller handle is "avt" but check to be sure.

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

Quote Originally Posted by reefrat  View Original Post
    The best options I can see so far are a Kiss Classic with a Subsea HUD
    Great package: I am absolutely delighted with mine. You need a little experience with the Kiss before ordering the Subsea as you can order it in different length of cable, side for the display...to suit your preferences.
    Best
    Philippe

+ Reply to Thread