+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Backmount or shoulder mound CL ??

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Andy, enclosed a diagram of the 15.5/16 center section.
    #19 is the main part around everything revolves. The upper, visible inside section is the exhalation side of the loop.
    The annular axial cannister #17 is placed in there, on top of a open cell foam water trap #15 and spacer #14.
    That's basically all the exhalation area there is, aside from the hose. It can't be drained UW, one way valve on the DSV end and the absorbant cannister on the other.

The gas flows through the cannister (bottom to top) and out against the plexidome #1, again with moisture trap and spacer. Then the gas path splits, some of it goes down the center hole were the three sensors #32 are, the rest through slots on the outside.

It ends up in a space that looks pretty much the same as the side of the center section #19 that is visible. Instead of the cannister and dome there is the flexible diaphram #16, that is the counterlung. In the center of it sits the OPV.
    That allows water to be drained, but only from the inhalation side/counterlung.

Hope that illustrates it well, the diagram is from the Impartial Pressure website.
    Attached Images

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caveseeker7
    ...there is the flexible diaphram #16, that is the counterlung...
    FYI, the CL is #26 on the other side of the center section.

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Roger that caveseeker, the Mk 15 diagram from my copy of 'The Simple Guide to Rebreather Diving' is way too simple. I thought I understood the loop layout before. I learn something new every....(insert time period measurement here). Does anyone sell 'new' Bio Marine RB's these days?

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silent running
    Roger that caveseeker, the Mk 15 diagram from my copy of 'The Simple Guide to Rebreather Diving' is way too simple. I thought I understood the loop layout before. I learn something new every....(insert time period measurement here). Does anyone sell 'new' Bio Marine RB's these days?
    Yes theres a guy out of Australia building new Mk15.5s to order, and theres Kevin J rebuilding MK15s.

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Thanks for the correction, Phi. The CL is #26, my wrong.

Andy, Colkan in Australia still builds the MK15.5 model every once in a while.
    Parts I believe are original and hence limited. Unfortunately Carleton destroyed
    the molds, literally weeks before they entered the agreement with Steam Machines
    to build the SM1600 .
    Price depends on the exchange rate, but should be in the neighborhood of US$15K.
    Colkan doesn't have a website, and they moved a few months ago, so I don't have current contact info.

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Thanks for all the info guys. It would seem that the Mk's and their derivatives are the BMCL units of choice, if money is no object and one doesn't mind the size and complication of the design. Have any of you compared the breathing characteristics of the Mk's, Kisses and Dragers? How do they compare? And what are your favorite things about the Mk's/Ouroboros? How do the Mk variants compare amongst themselves? I know it's a lot of questions, but I haven't seen this info together in 1 place, certainly not recently. Maybe there's a thread somewhere that's got all this...

PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Phi is the man for KISSing ( ), Dolphin and MK15. I gotta run.

Have a look at the Biomarine/Carleton links section.
    Jason McHatten has a page comparing the 15 and 15.5 side by side.
    Plenty of info links there on both units.

New Member Triton is on a distinguished road Triton is on a distinguished road Triton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drmike
    Yes theres a guy out of Australia building new Mk15.5s to order, and theres Kevin J rebuilding MK15s.

Mk15 Looks like a super machine.I always got the impression it is just a modified classic.

Is it built stronger than the KISS?

rgds

pls thx for the patience and pardon my questions if they are obvious to most of you.

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

if you have to ask..........

Why tamper with an Azimuth or Dolphin to convert it to closed-circuit system, when you can buy a new a CE Approved VOYAGER modular rebreather for $3200 US (2,500 Euro). Which also can be configured like an Azimuth (variable flow/multiple gas) and Dolphin (constant flow); and, can also be configured as a manual-mechanical CCR like the KISS.

One rebreather, multiple configurations. Furthermore, the VOYAGER rebreather counterlungs are a split over-the-shoulder design. They provide effortless breathing in any position.

If you are in Thailand and want a FREE try dive on a VOYAGER, then contact me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5