+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Diver With Disabilities Inspiration or Kiss

RBD one dive at a time... pete611 will become famous soon enough pete611 will become famous soon enough pete611 will become famous soon enough pete611's Avatar

New Diver With Disabilities Inspiration or Kiss

Hello..to all rebreather wordd divers my name is pedro and i live in puerto rico,i been diving for more thath 18 years with 5000 dive (oc )and the last 1200 with one leg,seen i lost my leg i have been diving tech with twin tanks and rebreather ( dolphin ) now i'm going up to CCR i can get training in puerto rico for the classic inspiration,evolution and kiss.i been diving tech from 150' to 185' on air (no trimix only one leg too many tanks for me )but i will like to go deeper to 250'. the question is witch rebreather is good for me ,classic inspiration, evolution or the kiss. ''o'' yes i will go trimix with the rebreather.

thanks..
    pete611
    Gracias..

RBW Member jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar's Avatar

Re: New Diver With Disabilities Inspiration or Kiss

Hi Pete,

I would take a guess and say that since you can handle twin tanks, any one of the rebreathers you listed would be just fine. I know the Evolution is more compact than the Inspiration, and is pretty similiar to the sport kiss, but I doubt you would have issues with any of them.

One thing to look at it would be scrubber times for each of the units seeing you eventually want to go to 200+ with the unit.

Jason

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

Hi
    Pete
    Take your pick of units
    you say no try mix to many cylinders
    you could all ways load up with cylinders in water , no need to do it on the boat .
    This will help in the water
    have a look

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

Pete
    Most of the tub o lards I dive with cant get by on two legs
    So we have to invent ways to help then, ie lift on dive boat , two deck hands to kit them up and unkit them

Think you will find a way when you want to :D
    Last edited by Gobfish1; 3rd January 2007 at 15:10.

KISS and rEvo diver Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte's Avatar
    rEvo

KISS Classic, Dolphin

Pedro: One ting you may wish to consider is that given your desire to do a lot of photograpy, you might be happier with an ECCR. Certaily that does not relieve you of the responsibility to monitor your PO2 but it does reduce the workload a bit.

Hopefully an Inspo diver will chime in here, but they do seem to require additional lead for trim and weight which would not be good for you.

I dive my KISS Classic with no weight in a 3 mil suit like you use there in PR.
    The new Sport KISS is a really small and light unit. That is certainly worth your consideration. The KISS Classic as a lot heavier than the Sport. How often are you going to be diving greater than 160'?

Another advantage of the KISS is it is very simple to maintain. No need to ever send the unit away. Good luck with your choice. Peter

RBD one dive at a time... pete611 will become famous soon enough pete611 will become famous soon enough pete611 will become famous soon enough pete611's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jepuskar  View Original Post
    Hi Pete,

I would take a guess and say that since you can handle twin tanks, any one of the rebreathers you listed would be just fine. I know the Evolution is more compact than the Inspiration, and is pretty similiar to the sport kiss, but I doubt you would have issues with any of them.

One thing to look at it would be scrubber times for each of the units seeing you eventually want to go to 200+ with the unit.

Jason
    thanks... i will do more homework for the scrubber,yes will like to go deep
    gracias..pete611

Quote Originally Posted by Gobfish1  View Original Post
    Hi
    Pete
    Take your pick of units
    you say no try mix to many cylinders
    you could all ways load up with cylinders in water , no need to do it on the boat .
    This will help in the water
    have a look
    thanks...the DPV's are good but a use my hands with photo equip.
    gracias..pete611

+ Reply to Thread