+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wiring in the VR3!

Bloody Rebreathers! Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell's Avatar
    O2ptima, Sentinel, Prism 2

Inspiration & KISS & Poseidon

Wiring in the VR3!

If anyone has had any doubts as to whether to drop off one of the displays and replace it with a VR3, all I can say is GO FOR IT!

Very easily done especially with the new Jetsam displays all you need to do is:

1 separate cell 1 (or 3, I suppose) display from the other two,

2 remove the wiring from the sensor pod glands

3 and replace with an original VR3 cable/Fischer plug. (Available from Jetsam or Delta P)

4 Reassemble

I wish I had done it sooner!

Now having just two displays and a VR3 on my arm it makes it just that little bit neater!

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar
    Yeah but it's a pain in the arse undoing it when someone else has done it New cable sheath, new face plate, new gland (because the old one was filled with silicone) and replacing all the wiring (what an absolute pain in the arse feeding two wires down a plastic tube is).

The KISS I bought had a VR3 conversion with one of the displays removed, I've since re-instated the third display so I now have the following for sale:

- VR3 connector (2-pin Fischer) and water-blocked cable
    - 1 single display face plate
    - 1 double display face plate

Make me an offer if anyone is interested.

Cheers,

Stuart

+ Reply to Thread