+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quintana Roo Mexico Safety Officer Buletin

PROTEC MEXICO mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico's Avatar

Quintana Roo Mexico Safety Officer Buletin

yo all

I received the following buletin from the Quintana Roo Safety Officers

greetings
    Matt

Important Safety Bulletin

Collapse of Cenote Calimba Sistema Sac Actun

At this time heavy machinery is working at the Calimba Cenote and the
    entrance to the cenote has collapsed blocking access to the water.
    Currently it is impossible to exit the water here if entering from
    another cenote.
    Please adjust your dive plans so you can enter/exit
    through Grand Cenote or Cenote Hotul avoiding the area of the cave close
    to the Calimba entrance which may well be unstable and prone to further
    collapse.

The QRSOC will give further updates as more information becomes
    available or if the situation changes.

Quintana Roo Safety Officers Committee
    N 20' 37.617'
    W 87' 04.693'

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Re: Quintana Roo Mexico Safety Officer Buletin

Quote Originally Posted by mattmexico  View Original Post
    yo all

greetings
    Matt

another cenote.
    collapse.

Thanks Matt.
    Does that affect the area around Bosh Chen as well?
    Last year the construction was shaking the ceiling between Ho-Tul and Grande Cenote. I thought something was going to fall on us then.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

PROTEC MEXICO mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post
    Thanks Matt.
    Does that affect the area around Bosh Chen as well?
    Last year the construction was shaking the ceiling between Ho-Tul and Grande Cenote. I thought something was going to fall on us then.

yo

I do not know but would advise caution to dive the whole section up there. The photos I have seen with the excavation equipment in action made my heart feel heavy and sad ...

Matt
    N 20' 37.617'
    W 87' 04.693'

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

yo

I do not know but would advise caution to dive the whole section up there. The photos I have seen with the excavation equipment in action made my heart feel heavy and sad ...

Matt
    So sad.
    I will be seeing you in a couple of weeks and that area was on my to-do list but alas...
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar's Avatar

So let me get this right...you were diving in the cave and could feel the construction equipment doing its job around you?

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH helllllllllllll noooooooooooooo

Loving life 2 the fullest pattimegdiver is a jewel in the rough pattimegdiver is a jewel in the rough pattimegdiver is a jewel in the rough pattimegdiver is a jewel in the rough pattimegdiver is a jewel in the rough pattimegdiver is a jewel in the rough pattimegdiver is a jewel in the rough pattimegdiver is a jewel in the rough pattimegdiver's Avatar

What I can remember they were doing road construction east of the grand cenote. I believe they have been working on that area for sometime. This is really sad news, it was so beautifull. At least I have some picutres. Dave, I thought we all went to dive the grand cenote, but it could of been Bernadette and myself. sad news indeed.
    Last edited by pattimegdiver; 28th December 2006 at 20:04.

ZeroEmissions Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad's Avatar
    Sentinel/Boris/Evo/Liberty

HomeBuild, AP Classic, Path

yo all

greetings
    Matt

another cenote.
    collapse.

Such a pity.
    Why don't try to list the cenotes on the UNESCO list?

Nad

Quote Originally Posted by Nad  View Original Post
    Such a pity.
    Why don't try to list the cenotes on the UNESCO list?

Nad
    yo

Does any one knows or has an ida how to place an area onto the UNESCO list ?.

Matt
    N 20' 37.617'
    W 87' 04.693'

ZeroEmissions Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad's Avatar
    Sentinel/Boris/Evo/Liberty

HomeBuild, AP Classic, Path

yo

Matt
    I don't know exactly. Mexico has his UNESCO office and many site already inscribed and others on the list.

Nad

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

yo

Matt

Damn fine idea Matt, but I bet it aint easy. Did some OC dives in Dos Ojos years ago, the mosty beautiful caves I've ever seen, dry or wet. Can't think of any wet cave system with as many formations anywhere else in the world. I'd sign a petition...

+ Reply to Thread