+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Action Regarding Training Issues (Cave CCR Course) of the NSS-CDS: Resolution

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

Re: Action Regarding Training Issues (Cave CCR Course) of the NSS-CDS: Resolution

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis  View Original Post

Richard Blackburn, Secretary
    Home: 770-815-7387
    How longs rich been secretary for? he's actually a nice guy.

FWIW, I understand the need to ensure access is limited to trained people, but wheres the acceptance of equivalence or even experience.

RBW Member jeff h will become famous soon enough jeff h will become famous soon enough jeff h will become famous soon enough jeff h will become famous soon enough jeff h's Avatar

Re: Action Regarding Training Issues (Cave CCR Course) of the NSS-CDS: Resolution

Quote Originally Posted by dgschott  View Original Post
    It is important to keep in mind, whether you're a member or not, that the CDS does a lot of things that affect ALL cave divers - Yes...

I would assume that the BOD would want to hear non-member concerns for a number of reasons.
    David,

I agree and I'd be more than happy to support your efforts as a non-member. In the past the CDS has been very unresponsive to it's membership and not responsive to non-members. If this has changed that would be very positive.

I wouldn't assume too much about the CDS BOD. They will just refer you to the Constitution and By-Laws. If it's not in there then they're not interested.

Sorry for the negativity, it's not aimed at you or Heather, it's just general disgust with the CDS.

Please keep us updated.

-Jeff

Resident Selkie hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat's Avatar
    Megladon

Quote Originally Posted by jeff h  View Original Post
    David,

I agree and I'd be more than happy to support your efforts as a non-member. In the past the CDS has been very unresponsive to it's membership and not responsive to non-members. If this has changed that would be very positive.

Please keep us updated.

-Jeff
    There may be big changes on the wind wrt responsiveness to the membership. Beleive me, I feel your disgust with the current status qou- a lot of us feel that way, and we are trying to do something about it.

Don't worry, we will :).

Thanks,
    H

RBW Member jeff h will become famous soon enough jeff h will become famous soon enough jeff h will become famous soon enough jeff h will become famous soon enough jeff h's Avatar

Does anyone have an update on how the meeting went?

-Jeff

MEGalomaniac Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeff h  View Original Post
    Does anyone have an update on how the meeting went?

-Jeff

Yes. The new Training S&P (including the CCR Cave Course Standards) was tabled until the next BoD meeting, which is scheduled for 17 March, 2007.

This should be documented in the meeting minutes which, according to the BoD, will be published on the NSS-CDS web site.

Brian

RBW Member Scott will become famous soon enough Scott will become famous soon enough Scott will become famous soon enough Scott will become famous soon enough Scott's Avatar
    FrankenLAR

I can actually be in Florida on March 17th.. I was actually planning on being there from the 10th through the 26th (my bday.. and my best friend's bday... free meals at Kobe's in Altamont Springs ;)

Is the March 17th one going to be open to individuals.. or a closed meeting?

Unbanned cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benthic  View Original Post
    Yes. The new Training S&P (including the CCR Cave Course Standards) was tabled until the next BoD meeting, which is scheduled for 17 March, 2007.

Brian
    Damm now we have to suffer three more months of this pillow fight.

On the up side that should allow almost a thrid of the membership to have an oppertunity to not pay another year's dues, allowing them an oppertunity to not care about this. Just like the rest of us.

Mesmo predicts... on March 17th the issue will be delayed, tabled, sent to commitee, etc.

MEGalomaniac Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott  View Original Post
    I can actually be in Florida on March 17th.. I was actually planning on being there from the 10th through the 26th (my bday.. and my best friend's bday... free meals at Kobe's in Altamont Springs ;)

Is the March 17th one going to be open to individuals.. or a closed meeting?
    The March 17th meeting will be an open one. Keep an eye on the NSS-CDS web site for more details if you're interested in attending.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by cramerdn  View Original Post
    Damm now we have to suffer three more months of this pillow fight.

On the up side that should allow almost a thrid of the membership to have an oppertunity to not pay another year's dues, allowing them an oppertunity to not care about this. Just like the rest of us.

Mesmo predicts... on March 17th the issue will be delayed, tabled, sent to commitee, etc.
    Cramerdn,

By your own admission, you are neither a CCR diver, nor a cave diver so it's understandable that you don't really care how all of this shakes out. However, that doesn't put you in a position to comment on the feelings of those of us who are both cave and CCR divers ("...allowing them an opportunity to not care about this. Just like the rest of us.").

Since you clearly have no insterest in the matter and don't seem to be able to offer any sort of informed opinion or input, it would be appreciated if you kept quiet and stayed out of the discussion until such time as you have something valuable to add.

Brian

Unbanned cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn's Avatar

Cramerdn,

By your own admission, you are neither a CCR diver, nor a cave diver so it's understandable that you don't really care how all of this shakes out.
    And from what I have seen of this squabble my interest in cave diving has definately started to wain, at least in the US.

...and don't seem to be able to offer any sort of informed opinion or input, it would be appreciated if you kept quiet and stayed out of the discussion until such time as you have something valuable to add.
    Why should this thread be special?

But seriously, from reading the threads about this here and on deco stop, it looks like you guys are in for a lot of fun, not. I am surprised the members that are unhappy have'nt just formed their own organization and started sending their money to a BOD that behaves more to their liking.

My prediction that the issue will not get resloved any time soon and will be lost in a wave of buracratic and prceadural sewage was just an opinion but still an informed one.

My father told me a maxum that I think applies. "The fight is so vicous because so little is at stake."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2