+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tank bands

Megalegalegalegadingdong! nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield's Avatar

Tank bands

Decided to get rid of the yellow box on my YBOD and go for an Inspiration titanium chassis instead (most of my diving is done whilst travelling). As such I will now mount the cylinders on the outside and will have to buy some straps to hold them on.

In my OC days I had a scubapro BCD with a great tank strap, I hear that the super cam band from Halcyon is good also.

Anyone out there have any thoughts on these and more importantly where you can buy them?

Many thanks,

Nick

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nmanfield
    Anyone out there have any thoughts on these and more importantly where you can buy them?
    No idea for the SP strap, but Oxycheq also sells the same steel cam band strap as Halcyon at better price. In addition, get the compression pads from DeepSeaSupply if planning to use cam straps as it will help to maintain the load on the strap-tank.

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Decided to get rid of the yellow box on my YBOD and go for an Inspiration titanium chassis instead (most of my diving is done whilst travelling). As such I will now mount the cylinders on the outside and will have to buy some straps to hold them on.

In my OC days I had a scubapro BCD with a great tank strap, I hear that the super cam band from Halcyon is good also.

Many thanks,

Nick
    I use I a high quality hose clamp.. the cheaper ones you cant torque down but the good ones work well.. I can bend my titanium chasis with mine..

see www.mcmaster.com

I use item #5011T74 its a 9/16 strap good for 4 1/8 to 7 inch.. The smallest opening is just larger than a 3l steel so once it goes around something its ok, and will open up to 7' so it can easily accomodate a ~7.6l steels

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

Megalegalegalegadingdong! nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jradomski
    I use I a high quality hose clamp.. the cheaper ones you cant torque down but the good ones work well.. I can bend my titanium chasis with mine..

see www.mcmaster.com

I use item #5011T74 its a 9/16 strap good for 4 1/8 to 7 inch.. The smallest opening is just larger than a 3l steel so once it goes around something its ok, and will open up to 7' so it can easily accomodate a ~7.6l steels
    Hi Joe,

I take it from your avatar that you have one of Enrique's chassis'. How do you find it? I ordered mine last week having tried in vein to get hold of 3 litre tanks for a recent holiday and thinking this set up would be lighter for travel.

Thanks for the advice on the clips. Unfortunately I'm uk based (though working abroad) and can't get stuff sent by McMaster. Hopefully someone out there can suggest a UK supplyer. Ideally I would want the clips that have a rubber backing (like the ones that come with the Metal sub brackets)

Tahnks for you help,

Nick

SiegeEngine II Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon's Avatar
    I can get relatively cheap SS jubilee clips here - you can by lengths of the rubber backing, or if you are cheap, put a ring of tape round the tin and line the inside of the jubilee clip with electrical tape. If you put a small section of garden hose over the screw bit, this has the side effect of taking up any slack.

What size tins are you sticking on? The ones I have in mind will do 6li to 12li!

Hi Joe,

I take it from your avatar that you have one of Enrique's chassis'. How do you find it? I ordered mine last week having tried in vein to get hold of 3 litre tanks for a recent holiday and thinking this set up would be lighter for travel.

Thanks for the advice on the clips. Unfortunately I'm uk based (though working abroad) and can't get stuff sent by McMaster. Hopefully someone out there can suggest a UK supplyer. Ideally I would want the clips that have a rubber backing (like the ones that come with the Metal sub brackets)

Tahnks for you help,

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Mdemon
    I can get relatively cheap SS jubilee clips here - you can by lengths of the rubber backing, or if you are cheap, put a ring of tape round the tin and line the inside of the jubilee clip with electrical tape. If you put a small section of garden hose over the screw bit, this has the side effect of taking up any slack.

What size tins are you sticking on? The ones I have in mind will do 6li to 12li!
    Many thanks. Price not really an issue. Would look to get 2 sets, one for 3l and one for 7l (and the rubber backing for them) or somethine along the lines that Joe recommended - one size that does 3's and 7's

Ta very much,

Nick

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Hi Joe,

Tahnks for you help,

Nick
    I just pointed to those for example (I believe the brand is IDEAL) , they are better than your typical hardware store variety..

I dont use any backing..

I have the first titanium housing he made.. I worked with him a few times to get it to my liking.. The newer design is lighter (the SS is about the same weight now as my rig) but lacks the "wings" to attach secondary cylinders (or for what I use it, my cannister and argon bottle on quick disconnects).. My rig was severly overdesigned, the titanium is about double what it needs to be! A SS rig configured exactly like mine would be over 15kg!

I love the housing it has saved my rig on more than one occasion.. I have had my rig (fully assembled) get knocked off a table and land right on the shell, with no damage to the canister.. Inside a wreck or overhead enviroment it is great.. I strive not to hit anything, but I know Everything on my back is safe and I can concentrate on protecting the counterlungs when in tight spaces..

The titanium rigs are pretty light <5kg but pretty expensive.. the SS units are more reasonable and just a few kg more..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

RBW Member Chris Gregory is an unknown quantity at this point Chris Gregory's Avatar
    Enrique takes his work very seriously and it shows in the quality of his products.

I think I've got the last one that Enrique will make in Titanium. He says that they are a bit of a pain in the a*** to make. As for the fixture points, the most important thing was to be able to mount any available cylinders whilst travelling. Hence I've got a couple of a-clamp adaptors just in case. I'm not into the deep stuff (yet!) though I think the new box would be adaptable to this, As for Torch / suit inflation, there may be other oprions for me to mount these, either on pony brackets on the cylinders or using a small SMB bottle for inflation / running it from the diluent. Most of the time I'll be in a wetsuit anyway.

As an ex soldier another big bonus was the strength, what we in the UK call 'squaddy proof'. However nothing is truely squaddy proof (they love to prove you wrong!). Good to see it passed the 'drop test'!

Thanks again,

Nick

+ Reply to Thread