+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oztek or not ???

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Oztek or not ???

Hello, who can tell me if Oztek ( 17-18 march 2007) is worth flying over from belgium to introduce the rEvo to the australian market?? (and discuss with resellers)

thanks
    paul
    Last edited by paulraymaekers; 10th December 2006 at 17:52.
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

l MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD's Avatar
    classic, sports Kiss

Azimuth, mccr azi

Re: Oztek or not ???

Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers  View Original Post
    Hello, who can tell me if Oztek ( 17-18 march 2007) is worth flying over from belgium to introduce the rEvo to the australian market?? (and discuss with resellers)

thanks
    paul
    Paul , about 18 months ago we did a bit of a head count on Diveoz of CCR users in Oz. Came to less than 200 units. In the last year guessing sales of 30 odd units nationally tops. A oztek last time around guess it lead to a few sales (say 15) of all brands. The market is not huge hear and currently supports suppliers with the following offerings:

Kiss/sport kiss (3 dealers I think)
    Inspo /evo, at least 3 dealers
    Meg: 1 dealer
    Prsim: 1 dealer
    Optima - Via Dive rite stockists.
    MK 15.5 - 1 dealer/ direct from colkan(and soon to be eagle MCCR I think)

So it all depends on how many units you think you want to sell.

Market is very regional based, with the instrutor home city usually being the the strong market for the unit.

From that point of view would suggest getting it into the Melbourne market as it seems deviod of CCR sellers and instructor at the moment (has a Optima reseller as of last month I think).

I could be a bit out in this but guessing that 20 to 30 units years nationally of all makes of new units would be a good year (and about the sme number of 2nd hand units).

Of course if your unit has a far better cost point to enter the market than that could all change

Not sure if this helps you or not, but you could just come over for the piss up, thats what the rest of use are going for.

Matthew
    Last edited by MHD; 10th December 2006 at 19:35.

Flaccid Member abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie's Avatar
    Dammit I bought another KISS

CK, SK, Satori, ManBagOD

Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers  View Original Post

thanks
    paul
    Well I'll be there

DeepBlueInnovation Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath's Avatar
    Ouroboros

Prism

I think the key is being able to offer ongoing training and support as well as the unit. I am in the process of completing Prism training and Luke over here in Perth is the only instructor outside North America, but he isn't qualified to take trimix, so if I want to get trimix certified on the prism I have to take a small trip around the world which becomes a bit pricey.

Selling the units is one thing, but maintaining an ongoing relationship with the client is the key to growing any market IMHO.

But by all means come to OZ we have some great diving and even if you don't sell a unit it will be a fun way to get a tax write-off!

New Member Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza's Avatar
    Inspo Classic, JJ-CCR

Mk15.5, rEvo, Vision, Kiss,

Paul ... Mat's view of the Oz market is way off the track. The RB market in Oz is growing very fast to the point its basically all I do these days. The total sales figures are somewhat different to what he thinks, with my own sales being over his guess of 30 units a year. IART alone has conducted over 60 courses in thier first 18 months in Oz.

regards Baz

l MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD's Avatar
    classic, sports Kiss

Azimuth, mccr azi

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza  View Original Post
    Paul ... , with my own sales being over his guess of 30 units a year. IART alone has conducted over 60 courses in thier first 18 months in Oz.

regards Baz
    Baz, how many of those are new units compared to moving 2nd hand units?

All the potential sales I know of in the pipe line are people moving from one unit to another.

Pretty much all the units in Brisbane of late have been 2nd hand (all but one inspo). But glad to see the industry is better off elsewhere.

Matt

Flaccid Member abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie's Avatar
    Dammit I bought another KISS

CK, SK, Satori, ManBagOD

So if we spot Baz 40% of the total Aussie market (which might be a trifle conservative) that makes us worth 70 units per year.

I wonder how many units sold in Florida in the last 12 months?

New Member Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza's Avatar
    Inspo Classic, JJ-CCR

Mk15.5, rEvo, Vision, Kiss,

Matt .... of course a large number of units are second hand and sadly some of those are from people getting out of diving but the others are upgrades that release units into the market for beginniners. As an example in the last month I have also sold two second hand units to customers that are not Australians, one units is on its way to the UK and the other is going to Germany via Cairns. Another unit came in from NZ this week which was a flow on from a Vision upgrade over there. So the number of units being sold varies month to month in Oz.

In regard to Melbourne, that at present is the fastest growing area, I have in the last four or five months sold three second hand units and four new units down there plus one to Tas. I also know of two other second hand units sourced by the customers themselves. So the RB diving community is definitely growing South of the Boarder.

In regard to Andrew question I would love to know what other areas are doing??? It has taken almost ten years to build up the level of acceptance out here in Oz but finally it is becoming quite normal to see RB units on dive boats. I have just had a good long play with the OMG UBS40 and that units price is pitched at such a level that it is a serious option against buying a full set of good OC gear for a starter.

regards Baz

1 Grumpy ole skipper Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle's Avatar
    Classic KISS, Sentinel

SCR - CCR Dolphin

Gotta say Paul " nothing ventured nothing gained". and Australia is a great place to visit anytime but especially in summer for a working holiday ;)

I will concur with Bazza, that CCR diving is taking off down here in Victoria. Couple years ago, twas only a handful of of breather divers but now it is becoming common to see at least one on every charter I do & sometimes nearly a boatload. Most of my regular CCR divers are influencing others & more are thinking of taking to the dark-side every week it seems.
    I know a few more will be looking very hard at Oztek for a unit, but haven't quite made up there mind on the big question, WHICH one. Closely followed by "who can train me". not to mention the parts & servicing aspect with Bazza being the man that can do.

How much commission do I get, Baz.

TDI/SDI Australia Richard Taylor is an unknown quantity at this point Richard Taylor's Avatar

Paul,

As the founder and Co-Convenor of OZTeK I have an obvious bias, however I really must agree with Bazza and confirm that the CCR market in Australia is definitely one with strong growth and solid numbers. I know that TDI has seen good increase in CCR cert numbers in the last year and expect this to continue. The Australians are very CCR savvy and if you want to sell into this market you really need to get the unit seen.

In 2005 we had Jetsam, Delta P, Dive Rite, Ambient Pressue and Eagle (Colkan) showing their wares and already most have booked stands again. Though direct sales of Rbs at OZTeK are probably limited many divers come to see what is on offer and their sales decisions are often based upon what they see and hear about at the show. Having a booth and doing workshops definitely gives you a presence that will help with introducing the unit to the market, and with a solid media audience from the Asia-Pacific on hand it does allow you access to strong regional promotion.

Email me off list and I am happy to send you more details or just go to the web site Welcome to the OZTek Dive Show and have a look at the exhibitors already booked.

Cheers
    Last edited by sadave; 12th December 2006 at 06:55. Reason: Made Link Obvious