+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cleaning the kiss valve spool

Custom Title Allowed! buggeriamold is an unknown quantity at this point buggeriamold's Avatar

cleaning the kiss valve spool

Hi all,

have pulled my valve apart to change the spool orings and the end part of the spool that pokes through the body is a bit scungy. I would like to run it through my cleaner but dont know how the oriface wil take to this. Any ideas?

Mark

KISS and rEvo diver Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte's Avatar
    rEvo

KISS Classic, Dolphin

Mark: I don't know what type cleaner you are talking about, but a word of caution. Be very careful/ gentle when you screw the orifice back in. It is very thin brass and I stripped mine last time I had the thing apart to replace O rings and clean it. Peter

RBW Member Chris Gregory is an unknown quantity at this point Chris Gregory's Avatar
    Mark,

Sounds like you may want to replace your orifice I'm not sure what the expected life cycle on them is but I have heard of instances where the orifice blew out and started dumping O2 into the loop at an incredibly high rate.

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

Quote Originally Posted by TechBlue
    Mark,

Sounds like you may want to replace your orifice I'm not sure what the expected life cycle on them is but I have heard of instances where the orifice blew out and started dumping O2 into the loop at an incredibly high rate.
    Actually, I had that last week as I was preparing my breather for a trip last week-end. It appeared that the orifice was fine but the gasket/flat washer on the orifice - no this is not an o-ring - was going south in bits. A call to Kim solved it in 2 days and I even got the newer valve - Hey, she was sending a parcell anyway so I thought I might have her keep adding in the box. So I changed that washer + the o-rings. I didn't cleaned anything in the ultra-sound bath. Bottom line: I'm very happy with my flat-sided valve and the newer molded valve.
    Best
    Philippe

+ Reply to Thread