+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: IE 7 Problems?

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

Re: IE 7 Problems?

Nothings perfect. I've had Nortons/McAfee in the past and both have caused significant interaction problems with legitimate websites.

Now I use freebie anti-virus software, firewall, anti-spyware and anti adware. All from different sources.

Oh and theres a hardware firewall fronting the lot. So far its all been fine, but never say never :)

Confectioner to N@90 Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou's Avatar

Lets put a cat amongst the pigeons...... Get a Mac ;) :D

Sorry, joking aside, my PC in the office was running McAfee and my old WinXP laptop at home was too - yes while I didn't have problems with other forums, I did with RBW and a host of other sites, including a regular online flight booking site I use that was extremely fustrating. At the end of the day the cause was McAfee it was far to aggressive and blocked content, prevented drop-down menus, links to other pages within the site etc - the result was remove the damm thing (that came from the airline and not here).

At home I've got the Mac now so I don't worry too much, but for work I've gone back to AVG and the rest of the bits and pieces are free-ware too - never had a problem she says touching wood :D
    Last edited by Louby Lou; 1st March 2007 at 13:59.

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Louby Lou  View Original Post
    Lets put a cat amongst the pigeons...... Get a Mac ;) :D

Sorry, joking aside, my PC in the office was running McAfee and my old WinXP laptop at home was too - yes while I didn't have problems with other forums, I did with RBW and a host of other sites, including a regular online flybooking site I use that was extremely fustrating. At the end of the day the cause was McAfee it was far to aggressive and blocked content, prevented drop-down menus, links to other pages within the site etc - the result was remove the damm thing (that came from the airline and not here).

At home I've got the Mac now so I don't worry too much, but for work I've gone back to AVG and the rest of the bits and pieces are free-ware too - never had a problem she says touching wood :D
    challenge accepted ;)

Bubbless Box of Death Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis's Avatar

None of the software is perfect. But ALL Symantec products are known for interfering with other, legitimate software.

My personal choice is Windows Defender (Free Microsoft download), AVG Free Edition, and Spybot S&D 1.4/1.5. Between those three I've had no problems of significance over the last couple of years, and they don't screw with my other software.

New Member hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca's Avatar

I too have bounced back and forth... normally when an issue like this pops up, I switch to from one to the other...

the best is try having both installed at the same time... you talk about interrupting and flagging legit programs... man Norton and McAfee HATE each other, near zero compatability there...

So anyone know of a good place to update the older version of McAfee AV? all the linked updates what me to upgrade the entire secrity center...

BASTARDS!!!!!!!

hoppyinca

New Member Rob Evans is a jewel in the rough Rob Evans is a jewel in the rough Rob Evans is a jewel in the rough Rob Evans is a jewel in the rough Rob Evans is a jewel in the rough Rob Evans is a jewel in the rough Rob Evans is a jewel in the rough Rob Evans's Avatar

Mmmmkay. Am running McCrappy, AVG (catches a LOT that McCrappy never even notices), Windows Defender, Spybot, you name it, I've got it. RBW works fine.

This is all, however, immaterial. Of more interest is the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Neilholden
    This is (obviously) being sent from work!
    DUDE! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE FLYING THE FREAKIN' THING, NOT PLAYING WITH THE INTERWEB ON IT!

The day that the Boeing et al start running their planes on Windows is the day I start taking the bus for foreign hols. Saving up for a DKW for the long-haul stuff... :D :D

Gadget Freak NeilHolden will become famous soon enough NeilHolden will become famous soon enough NeilHolden will become famous soon enough NeilHolden will become famous soon enough NeilHolden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Evans  View Original Post
    DUDE! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE FLYING THE FREAKIN' THING, NOT PLAYING WITH THE INTERWEB ON IT!:D :D
    Rob,

Flying is one of my 'other' expensive hobbies.....

My work involves numerous other interesting, varied and sometimes silly combinations of activities. But, presently desk bound while teaching others to do stupid stuff!!

Neil

New Member hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca's Avatar

care should be taken for those who run into the aforementioned problems and simply reload the original McCrappy, then attempt an update... strange things will happen...

just got my first actual "blue screen of death" in many many many years... had to safe mode as admin to remove the mcCrappy software causing the issue!!!!

BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be looking for an open source AV, firewall, spamkiller...

best of luck to all!!!

hoppyinca

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4