+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: IE 7 Problems?

Gadget Freak NeilHolden will become famous soon enough NeilHolden will become famous soon enough NeilHolden will become famous soon enough NeilHolden will become famous soon enough NeilHolden's Avatar

IE 7 Problems?

Hi,

Recently I upgraded to Internet Explorer 7 and ever since I have been having difficulty accessing the site.

There were no problems prior to upgrade and no problems at work.

The symptoms:

I can log on and access the front page.
    I can get to individual messages if they are listed on the fromt page.

If I try and use any other link (new posts, or individual forums) then
    I get default 'Cannot find the web page' blank IE7 page.

This is (obviously) being sent from work!

I have checked out all the normal stuff (settings, options etc) and it is has been going on for some time (on both my laptop and desktop - both IE7) so is not a site problem.

Anyone any ideas?

Regards

Neil

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar

Re: IE 7 Problems?

could be a cookie problem?

probably some setting of ie7 that has changed ssecurity being favourite

1 Grumpy ole skipper Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle's Avatar
    Classic KISS, Sentinel

SCR - CCR Dolphin

Remove the upgrade & you will probably find all is sweet again, just like I did.
    Too many bugs & errors for my liking.

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

I am runing IE7 with no problems on both XP and Vista....

RBW Member CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT's Avatar

As Beanie says, it will probably be a default setting on security.

I've just upgraded to IE7 using XP Pro with no probs.

Go to Tools (extreme right at top) and adjust the security settings one by one until your full access returns.

Charliet

RBW Member gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas's Avatar
    Megalodon

RB80 Clone, CastoroC96, RGU

the same, just upgraded to IE7 and it has kept all my cookies/setting paswwords etc..

Gadget Freak NeilHolden will become famous soon enough NeilHolden will become famous soon enough NeilHolden will become famous soon enough NeilHolden will become famous soon enough NeilHolden's Avatar

Thanks for all the input so far. Still not been able to sort it out after changing all the security settings individually.

Even dissabled McAfee to see if that was the problem, although this was an after thought. Will do some more with this off tonight.

Some more info on the fault:

Links that work:

Home; Gallery; Blogs; RBW Worldmap; Forums; Search

Links that don't work:

Library; RB Friendly; New Posts

Drop-Down Menu works, Links don't:

Links; Quick Links.

Once into forums the sub-forum links don't work, however the last post links do. Once into a thread I can navigate up and down using the page buttons.

It appears to be any URL/Link that ends in '?phpdo='

almoost certainly is something to do with the security settings, but it has me beat at the moment. If I get it sorted then I'll post the answer.

Suppose I'll just have to continue logging on at work;)

Regards

Neil

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Will have an upgrade over next week or so - wonder if that will help?

Stuart

RBW Member colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT

Inspiration Vision, rEvo II Hy

The default security setting in IE6 was Medium in IE7 the default is Medium-High .Go to Tools - Internet Options - Security -Custom Level - In the bottom box select Medium -click Reset -click Apply & try that .worked for me !:D

New Member Nocturne is an unknown quantity at this point Nocturne's Avatar

This doesn't sound like a security problem.

Can you paste us a url (web address) which is failing?

Can you try pressing ctrl+f5 on the page to see if that reloads it successfully?

Can you check your internet connection settings: Tools | internet options | Connections tab | Lan Settings ... do you have a proxy server set? Likely there shouldn't be one. Do you ever connect to a secondary network, if so it could have been left in a bad state from that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast