+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My END Worker Outer

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

My END Worker Outer

Folks,

Just knocked up a little spreadsheet to work out the END of your mix at your target depth.

Just fill in the Yellow boxes to get the results. Feedback happily received.

This is version one and is in Metric....but I shall add an imperial to it too.

Talking of which how many feet in a metre please?

Stuart
    Attached Files

RBW Writer Sue has a spectacular aura about Sue has a spectacular aura about Sue has a spectacular aura about Sue has a spectacular aura about Sue has a spectacular aura about Sue's Avatar
    Nice work Stu!
    May I also suggest a freeware very useful for you blenders out there, it calculates END as well and loads of useful stuff. Credits to Andreas Hagberg @: http://www.gmp.tech.nu/

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar
    Hmmm my spreadsheet does not agree with that program (all 23 meg of it! compared to my 2.3kb baby) and as that program does not show what you would be breathing in the loop at depth it is hard to double check back where the disparity lies.

I double checked my calculations of whats in the Loop you are breathing at depth and that compares exactly to GAP so I know that bit is correct.

I am pretty sure I have not made a mistake in working out the END from the Loop just as a sanity check that is:

PPN2 / .79 then take one away then multiply the result by 10.

Stuart

Johnny The Hatch Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad's Avatar
    CCR2000, Megalodon, Homebuilt

Norge, FGT, mk15, KISS, Inspo

1 meter = 3.2808399 feet

/Jonny

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyB
    1 meter = 3.2808399 feet

/Jonny
    nope, you are giving a length conversion. When talking about diving (depth) You need a pressure conversion is is NOT the same thing.

If we base things on the europen standard,

The actual defination is..

10 m of salt water having a specifig gravity of 1.01972 is 1.00
    bar

for comparison
    the us NAVY assigns a specific gravity 1.02480 so 1atm = 33.066 fsw, which is normally refined to 33.00 fsw

so depending on which defination you use the conversion fsw to msw is

for 33.066 is 3.2633 fsw/msw
    or
    for 33.000 is 3.2568 fsw/msw

This also means that 10m of water is IS NOT 1ata even though most treat it as such.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

Darlene Starr - DIY Diva Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by schford
    Hmmm my spreadsheet does not agree with that program (all 23 meg of it! compared to my 2.3kb baby) and as that program does not show what you would be breathing in the loop at depth it is hard to double check back where the disparity lies.

I double checked my calculations of whats in the Loop you are breathing at depth and that compares exactly to GAP so I know that bit is correct.

I am pretty sure I have not made a mistake in working out the END from the Loop just as a sanity check that is:

PPN2 / .79 then take one away then multiply the result by 10.

Stuart
    Are you basing END on just the fraction of helium, without considering the O2 fraction as narcotic, or are you including the O2 as narcotic?

You'd get different numbers for each way.

Most consider the O2 as narcotic as N2, although more recent data would put it in the 1/5 to 1/3 as narcotic range.

Darlene

Banned Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del's Avatar
    JJ, it rocks!

Sports KISS

Thumbs up

Folks,

Just knocked up a little spreadsheet to work out the END of your mix at your target depth.

Just fill in the Yellow boxes to get the results. Feedback happily received.

This is version one and is in Metric....but I shall add an imperial to it too.

Talking of which how many feet in a metre please?

Stuart
    Geeze, I did the same just yesterday, although it was a very cheap and nasty effort, with no loop contents at depth. Think I'll use yours now...

Bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba_Vixen
    Are you basing END on just the fraction of helium, without considering the O2 fraction as narcotic, or are you including the O2 as narcotic?

You'd get different numbers for each way.

Most consider the O2 as narcotic as N2, although more recent data would put it in the 1/5 to 1/3 as narcotic range.

Darlene
    Hi Darlene,

It has 2 outputs

One shows END without O2 being Narcotic and one showing O2 being as Narcotic as N2.

Stuart

Darlene Starr - DIY Diva Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen's Avatar
    Hi Darlene,

It has 2 outputs

One shows END without O2 being Narcotic and one showing O2 being as Narcotic as N2.

Stuart

Doh ..... If I had actually seen what I looked at, I'd have noticed that.

Shows you what working overtime and getting off at 4am does for the brain.

Note to self: Try harder to keep foot out of mouth

Darlene

+ Reply to Thread