+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Ear Infections

Rocketman packeteer is on a distinguished road packeteer is on a distinguished road packeteer's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Re: Ear Infections

Quote Originally Posted by DrAl  View Original Post
    Additionally, they can go rancid/expire.
    this is correct. ie. you should make small batches on a regular basis. I was told, always make a new batch every month.

RBW Member matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram's Avatar
    inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkKent  View Original Post
    Hi All

this has probably been talked about quite a bit on RBW but can any one out there offer me some advice on keeping my ears free from infection. i have just been to my local practioner nurse with yet another ear infection. there appears to be no wax build up and she has given me some olive oil to help lubricate the drum (which seems dry). she (nurse not doctor!!) suggested i use some of the oil pre-dive and or get some ear plugs for the durationm of the dive. i am a little concerned about using anything in the ear and equalising! can any one out there offer some advice?

many thanks in anticipation
    Hi,

Yes, the advice you got was good. My non-medical understanding is that post-diving the ear become dry, cracks, and the crack gets infected. Preventing the dryness, by use of the lubrication, is the key.

I've used 2 products and they work well - one is a little bizzare, but works really good and is readily available - here are the links:

Earol

Nuage Shaving Oil

Cheers
    Matt.

RBW Member Ueli Werner is an unknown quantity at this point Ueli Werner's Avatar
    Pelagian

- clean with drinking water
    - often the vinegar/alcohol/glycerine mixes are ok
    - if it does not help we use panotile (zambon) - this works great. do not use directly before diving.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4