+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Main 2007 Expedition Truk or Bikini Atoll

Andy Favata CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker's Avatar
    rEvo

Inspiration, Kiss classic

Hoping for Bikini/Kwajerlain(sp?) in '07. I was thinking of shipping my YBOD so as to get around the weight limits.
    Truk does have the USS Atlanta however....decisions, decisions!
    Andy

Decodiver
    Quote Originally Posted by CCR-Wrecker
    Truk does have the USS Atlanta however....
    Andy
    Hi Andy,

I think you will find, buddy, that it doesn't.

The wreck of the USS Atlanta lies in 135 metres off of Honiara in the Solomon Islands, I should know I was the 10th person in the world to dive her.

See:

http://www.divernet.com/news/stories...ta201004.shtml

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

10th? I thought people stopped counting after 3rd?? ;)

Decodiver
    Oh no, that's 'cos you only have 3 fingers, hairy feet and come from the Shire.....................

Andy Favata CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker's Avatar
    rEvo

Inspiration, Kiss classic

Quote Originally Posted by Decodiver
    Hi Andy,

I think you will find, buddy, that it doesn't.

The wreck of the USS Atlanta lies in 135 metres off of Honiara in the Solomon Islands, I should know I was the 10th person in the world to dive her.

See:

http://www.divernet.com/news/stories...ta201004.shtml

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.
    DETAILS DETAILS!!!!
    O.K. so I say bikini!
    BTW- I read a story in "Deep Tech" about a hundred years ago which Terrence Tysall and Kevin Denlay(sp?) dove her. I thought that was the cats *ss and I've been working upto it ever since (still a ways to go)
    Thanks for the correction Dave.
    Andy

Sebastian Chander Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg's Avatar
    Deep Smeg

Megalodon

Either Bikini or Truk sounds like the trip of a life time.

Hmm a diving vacation, I wonder what that might be like.

Truk does have helium(at blue Lagoon, apparently), even though it is a limited supply.

Argh the agony of choice.

Anyone think I'm starting to high for my first vacation?

Cheers

Seb

PRISM DIVER & LUVIN IT! dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelagian
    Either Bikini or Truk sounds like the trip of a life time.

Hmm a diving vacation, I wonder what that might be like.

Truk does have helium(at blue Lagoon, apparently), even though it is a limited supply.

Argh the agony of choice.

Anyone think I'm starting to high for my first vacation?

Cheers

Seb
    Blue Lagoon stopped carring helium, truk stop gets it periodicaly. The live aboards do not want to deal with it. It runs any where from $2 to $4 a cu. ft. depending on the import market, and you never know if it will be there when you arrive. I would base my dive plans on air and nitrox. The Odyssey has a haskel, 100% O2, 30cu.ft. stages and soda(They are RB friendly). This is a very remote place, and in my opinion the Odyssey live a board is the only choice for truk. Then again you know us Americans spoiled spoiled spoiled;)

Martin
    FYI The Captain (also the owner of the Odyessey and runs every trip with his wife) is the ONLY Chamber operator let me repeat IS THE ONLY CHAMBER OPERATOR. If he is not around it is a plane ride to Guam, so G-d for bid... at least you know you are in good hands and will get immediate attention!

Flaccid Member abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie's Avatar
    Dammit I bought another KISS

CK, SK, Satori, ManBagOD

I'll be in Bikini at the beginning of August so if anyone wants questions answered from the horse's mouth, so to speak, I'll try to find out what I can.

The Bikini Divers site has this http://www.bikiniatoll.com/Rebreather.html to say about RB diving.

I'm just going to dive OC air.

1 Grumpy ole skipper Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle's Avatar
    Classic KISS, Sentinel

SCR - CCR Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by abowie
    I'll be in Bikini at the beginning of August so if anyone wants questions answered from the horse's mouth, so to speak, I'll try to find out what I can.

The Bikini Divers site has this http://www.bikiniatoll.com/Rebreather.html to say about RB diving.
    Well wouldn't you know about it

Two rebreather divers have just picked up the last 2 spots & will be making that trip with you Andrew. So some good forward planning should be happening in the next few days to try to get & dive the units over there. Hoping All goes well at this late stage.

Jeff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast