+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Main 2007 Expedition Truk or Bikini Atoll

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Main 2007 Expedition Truk or Bikini Atoll

Dear All,

I know its a long time off but it will need some planning! For 2007 we are looking at arranging an expedition to either Truk or Bikini.

The duration would be 10 to 20 days. This will require a lot of plannign on our behalf and I am loathe to start researching 2 destinations.

Could I get your thoughts on if you would be interested and which destination would you prefer?

Thanks

Stuart

ZeroEmissions Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad's Avatar
    Sentinel/Boris/Evo/Liberty

HomeBuild, AP Classic, Path

Quote Originally Posted by schford
    Dear All,

I know its a long time off but it will need some planning! For 2007 we are looking at arranging an expedition to either Truk or Bikini.

The duration would be 10 to 20 days. This will require a lot of plannign on our behalf and I am loathe to start researching 2 destinations.

Could I get your thoughts on if you would be interested and which destination would you prefer?

Thanks

Stuart
    Both great destinations. For me it depend on the period: in summer I can't.

Nad

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Dear All,

Thanks

Stuart

I have not considered Bikini a possable dive site as the weight restrictions on the tiny aircraft you use to get there wont allow a YBOD to be used. I think Truck is OK.

ATB

Mark Chase

Mutter Grumble Groan Moan AndyP is on a distinguished road AndyP is on a distinguished road AndyP's Avatar
    Stuart,

I had a trip to both planned for 2004 but it had to be canned for various reasons. I still have all the information on flight options, boat choices, equipment shipping, lime, He etc. The way it works is you go to Bikini first, then to TRUK. The RB's are moved independant of the divers to Bikini, but it is not cheep to do.

Send me a mail to andrew.phillips66@virgin.net and I will pass some info on to you.

I would like to get out there, but, for me the main reason to travel that far would be to dive the USS Saratoga, which means getting to Bikini.

Andrew

Mega Tiggerlodon julie is an unknown quantity at this point julie's Avatar

Smile

I know a dive club organising a trip to Truk in April 2006 so I will contact them and post any info I get if it will be of any help ??

But it wont be till early July as I am of to ISC with Leon to pick up my MEG .....
    I cant wait..

Julie

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase
    I have not considered Bikini a possable dive site as the weight restrictions on the tiny aircraft you use to get there wont allow a YBOD to be used. I think Truck is OK.
    A group of Classic-KISS guys from the UK went last year (or the year before that) so if needed, I will pass the logistic contact info since they had everything for the trip (unit, stages, sorb, O2, He, etc) and had a great time.

Some of those guys might even be on this list already (?)

Johnny The Hatch Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad's Avatar
    CCR2000, Megalodon, Homebuilt

Norge, FGT, mk15, KISS, Inspo

i'll go to truck please :P

/JOnny

S21 M.I.B. cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier's Avatar
    Dear All,

Stuart
    I'm definitely ready for both destinations!!!

Cheers

Classic KISS No. 226 RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark's Avatar
    Classic KISS w. Shearwater GF

By 2007, I'll be all squared way and ready to rock and roll with my KISS.

Truck please, but in truth, would be interested in either.

Cheers

Rich

PRISM DIVER & LUVIN IT! dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000's Avatar
    Stuart,

I was in Truk last year Sep. 2004 need any info or help please email me. I have a good relationship with the Odyssey (helped organize the trip). I would be interested in either one, but would love to go back to truk.

Martin

BTW not to far ahead Odyssey books quick.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast