+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Potential Cave / Cavern Trip to Mexico

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

PERSONALY

Caves scare me but they scare me a hell of a lot less when I am on a CCR.
    Cave =CCR dive for me where as Open water 30m+ =CCR dive >30m = twin 7ltr. As soon as I get more than a couple of mins inside anything I want the option of hours to get the hell back out :D

That said I am a coward and I am not joking I really am.

HOWEVER

I donít see the need for us to restrict this trip to CCR divers. Ignoring my flippant posting I would be disappointed if Zak and Duncan felt obliged to drop out as they wished to do it OC. They both have a massive amount to offer use in terms of experience with CCR and experience with caves.

Letís not get anal about the CCR bit. CCR is a tool for some and a toy for others. I donít give a toss personally from which camp you come. So if they want to go OC, fine let them do what they want to do. We are not f#cking DIR with a YOU MUST DO THIS attitude are we?. They are divers who use rebreathers. That is surely enough. If not then consider that in the case of Zak and Duncan they are serious divers with many years of experience who are pushing the CCR's they use well beyond the usage of general Saturday divers like me.

I for one want them on the trip and I donít care if they stick a tube up each others ass and breathe methane through a snorkel to get the job done :D

ATB

Mark Chase

Dude Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase
    PERSONALY

Cave =CCR dive for me where as Open water 30m+ =CCR dive >30m = twin 7ltr. As soon as I get more than a couple of mins inside anything I want the option of hours to get the hell back out
    PERSONALLY (note extra L)

If I ever got into Cave (maybe one day), I think I would prefer to learn the line and navigation trade on OC first rather than CCR. Less task loading with OC - just stick the thing in your gob and all is fine, you can think carefully about what you are learning, rather than concentrating on the CCR too.

PRISM DIVER & LUVIN IT! dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000's Avatar
    Wow, lets makeinstead of

Martin
    FYI a good percentage of the caves are shallow and have a very variable depth profile, so a ccr can be an issue do to a continous up and down dive profile. Not to say that there aren't some real hairy and deep caves in Mexico. I for one am not experenced enough on oc or ccr for those types of dives so count me out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase
    PERSONALY

Cave =CCR dive for me where as Open water 30m+ =CCR dive >30m = twin 7ltr. As soon as I get more than a couple of mins inside anything I want the option of hours to get the hell back out

That said I am a coward and I am not joking I really am.

HOWEVER

I donít see the need for us to restrict this trip to CCR divers. Ignoring my flippant posting I would be disappointed if Zak and Duncan felt obliged to drop out as they wished to do it OC. They both have a massive amount to offer use in terms of experience with CCR and experience with caves.

Letís not get anal about the CCR bit. CCR is a tool for some and a toy for others. I donít give a toss personally from which camp you come. So if they want to go OC, fine let them do what they want to do. We are not f#cking DIR with a YOU MUST DO THIS attitude are we?. They are divers who use rebreathers. That is surely enough. If not then consider that in the case of Zak and Duncan they are serious divers with many years of experience who are pushing the CCR's they use well beyond the usage of general Saturday divers like me.

I for one want them on the trip and I donít care if they stick a tube up each others ass and breathe methane through a snorkel to get the job done

ATB

Mark Chase

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Andy M
    PERSONALLY (note extra L)

If I ever got into Cave (maybe one day), I think I would prefer to learn the line and navigation trade on OC first rather than CCR. Less task loading with OC - just stick the thing in your gob and all is fine, you can think carefully about what you are learning, rather than concentrating on the CCR too.

Get a HUD ;)

ATB

Mark Chase

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar
    Its a Rebreather World trip and any of our members are welcome to come dive what they want. Having talked to Scott though I dont think it will be a problem hooking up with cylinders and sofnalime etc. So what ever floats yoru boat folks.....More details next week.

Stuart

Administrator ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE's Avatar
    What he said!

Rob

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ROB DAVIE
    ...I'm just trying to get to the point where all of my diving is done on RB, except for bail-out!...
    Rob,

Just curious, have you dived your RB in a cave ? If yes, where ?

Decodiver
    Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie
    Rob,

Just curious, have you dived your RB in a cave ? If yes, where ?
    Looking at the size of it probably the Mont-Blanc tunnel!!!!!!!

I know, I know, if I can't add anything without being flippant.........

I'll get my coat.

Dave.

Administrator ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE's Avatar
    Phi, and Dave,

You are both absolutely right. The BBOD is WAAAY too big. You would have to have passages the size of the Chunnel. It was set up for deep ocean mixed gas work. As Dave says: "Looking at the size of it, probably the Mont-Blanc tunnel!!!!!!!"

I have what is now called the "Classic" case (of course, when I bought it, it was the ONLY case) in standard YBOD yellow, and was going to use it for an Inspo cave class with Matteus Andreus at Pro Tec Playa Del Carmen last month. Stefan was kind enough to recommend him to me.

That did not take place, however, due to the little problem shown in the picture below.

Now, however, when I get back to diving (it's been an effing long dry spell), I will still go down to train with Matt, but it will be with a MUCH smaller, purpose-built unit!

Some day I'd like to get out to dive your area, Phi. You've got some of the greatest diving in the world right in your front yard! And, yes, I will bring the St. Emilion!!! :D

As for you, Dave, don't get too "fluffy" on us. Being divers and RB pilots as well, we enoy that twisted sense of humour!!!

Cheers, guys! Hope you are having a great weekend.

Rob
    Attached Images

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ROB DAVIE
    ...due to the little problem shown in the picture below...
    Ouchie! Hope you feel better soon.

I believe Tom Mount also teaches CCR-cave courses in Florida in case you don't want to have to go all the way to "Mehico" with Matthias.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast