+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Potential Cave / Cavern Trip to Mexico

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie
    I might be interested depending on who are coming.

Don't mean to be snooty, but I don't like the idea of cave diving with someone I have never met or dived together before.

I (1/2) agree with Zak about CC, but I could easily bring the Sport-KISS there so not a big deal on logistic. Plus having a full 80cf OC stage will be more gas than on 1/3 anyway... :)

Thats ok, you can dive with Zak and Duncan.. Who's caving abuilities are widly known I think :D

Us muppets will be in the classroom doing out intro cave anyway :D

ATB

Mark Chase

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase
    ... you can dive with Zak...
    Do I have to ?

Closed Account onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime's Avatar
    Interest dependent on dates. My schedule/budget is shot for this year so it would have to be 2006 for me.

Thats ok, you can dive with Zak and Duncan.. Who's caving abuilities are widly known I think :D

Us muppets will be in the classroom doing out intro cave anyway :D

ATB

Mark Chase
    I'd prefer OC for all the reasons Zak says - there's lots to see. I have a recognised cave qualification* and have cave dived in Mexico before. I would be reluctant to dive with anyone who I had no experience of either personal or through a trusted third party - and I'd expect the same back. Besides I've got really crap buddy skills and am absolutely terrified of backmounts (which is all I got to use everytime I've been there).

* I might need to get a CCR ticket though.

S21 M.I.B. cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by schford
    Dear All,

We are thinking of planning an RBW Cave / Cavern trip to Mexico.

The exact format is yet to be worked out but it would have an element of flexibility in it.

Duration would be 7 to 10 days (you choose), time there could be spend guided cave / cavern diving with the potential for one or two days in the carribean sea diving some wrecks and reefs.

We could also organise Cavern and Cave courses.

We would need at least 10 to make this trip viable.....Show of hands if anyone is interested?

Dates dependant on interest...

Stuart
    Hi Stuart,

I spend a lot of my time in Playa del Carmen, Yucatan. It's almost my second home!!! So if I can help you for the logistics, just let me know.
    I'm also quite sure that Scott who is also a RBW member will offer his help as well (I guess he doesn't want to advertise about his shop).

Cheers

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

So how does it work over there?

I have the masive cave experiance of errrr 7 cave dives most of which were less than 150m of penitration and all of which were sea caves. I have no formal training but hey we followed a line in and we followed a line out. How hard can it be right? ;) . All I do know is I would rather be in a two than a large group. I only did the large group bit once and it was a nightmare.

So if I went out there I would like to dive with Andyp and thats about it. I asume we will have to have a guide, but I thaught you experianced / trained cave divers will just buddy up and bugger off or go solo.

ATB

Mark Chase

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar
    I have been talking to Scott and groups of three will work...

We shoud be able to sort something out - I will have another chat to Scott and try and get a few more details and an outline plan of sorts.

Stuart

RBW Member Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck's Avatar
    Dolphin

Caving diving in Mexico
    is different.

Small spaces, highly decorated, and shallow depths are the nice parts.

Limited gear, doubles can be hard to find, you have to ask for steel tanks, oxygen and certain materials are not every where. Gear in some placed are not well kept up. There are exceptions.

Plus, you need to be careful with snap and gaps, plus guides take in large groups, and have been known to do blind jumps. A friend of mine missed an unmarked jump a few years ago and things got rather hairy. Careful as you go.

Andrew

I have the masive cave experience of errrr 7 cave dives most of which were less than 150m of penitration and all of which were sea caves. I have no formal training but hey we followed a line in and we followed a line out. How hard can it be right?
    Your CDG card is printed below - please send payment right away - cheques may be made payable to "D M Price".

JJ Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Price
    Your CDG card is printed below - please send payment right away - cheques may be made payable to "D M Price".

Cracking

See I knew someone would reckognise my nateral abuility and not waste my time with all that silly training

ATB

Mark Chase

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast