+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Potential Cave / Cavern Trip to Mexico

Administrator ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE's Avatar
    Thanks for the good wishes, Phi!! As for Tom, I think he's pretty much gonna take the money (from the sale) and head out on his boat for a while!

Rob

Andy Pitkin apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin's Avatar
    Prism 1

various

Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie
    Ouchie! Hope you feel better soon.

I believe Tom Mount also teaches CCR-cave courses in Florida in case you don't want to have to go all the way to "Mehico" with Matthias.
    But you need to take your course with an international film superstar! Matt was one of the stunt divers in the soon-to-be-released blockbuster 'The Cave'. How else are we going to get the inside info?

He's a great guy, and an old friend of mine. Can't recommend him, or his partner Scott, highly enough.

Andy

PRISM DIVER & LUVIN IT! dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000's Avatar
    I did an introduction to rebreathers with Matt, (just to make sure I knew what I was getting into) anyway you will have a blast his operation is top notch and I enjoyed him and his staff. Did a bunch of cave diving too.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie
    Ouchie! Hope you feel better soon.

I believe Tom Mount also teaches CCR-cave courses in Florida in case you don't want to have to go all the way to "Mehico" with Matthias.

Administrator ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE's Avatar
    Thanks, guys,

for the good recommendations. I'll be sure to ask Matt for his "autograph", and tell him you guys said "Hi"!

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase
    I don’t see the need for us to restrict this trip to CCR divers. Ignoring my flippant posting I would be disappointed if Zak and Duncan felt obliged to drop out as they wished to do it OC. They both have a massive amount to offer use in terms of experience with CCR and experience with caves.
    Look gang - I'll bring my RB - it only weighs 5 kg empty and I can get in in my suitcase along with everyting else. It'll hook up to backmounts of sidemounts and if I decide not to use it I won't care.

Duncan

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by ROB DAVIE
    Protec Playa de Carmen, which is right in the heart of that region, and is an advertiser on our Board, offers sorb, tin-filling, boosting, O2, helium for deep ocean diving, and even RB hire.
    Pass the condiments, its hat eatting time. Cool, sounds like a nifty arrangement!

I have been chatting with Stuart about some ideas for the trip and some general stuff getting something going for next early spring, more exacts coming later.

As far as OC or SCR or CCR, I would say whatever peoples individual comfort, experience, and good judgement demands. I have personally mixed up groups and dont see much a problem at all with it.

There should be no concern about oxygen or helium that we have plenty of all the time and we do have Haskel as well. For sorb we have not been out in for 4 years but if 100 people show up tomorrow then we might have an issue. On any given day I have 6 kegs in extra. Of course I will stock up before the trip as well but we dont run out. For that matter we have extendair cartridges as well, DragerSorb, Sofnalime, and SodaSorb right now. For cylinders if people let us know any special needs we can deal with them but we have a good number of cylinders laying around of most every size.

So that logistical issue out of the way its more a question of what kind of diving people want to do. Cave - Cavern - Ocean or a mix of all of? Caves of course we have a couple of them and there is a decent ocean dive or two if someone wants, wreck up north a bit (artificial reef program), some good animal life on the reef if you like that. If people are not so into cave diving but want to come along we can easily set up a week of diving at the same time. There are a number of great cavern dives here to fill a week and a sinkhole here and there that will make for a good week for even those not into long penetration cave.

That was just some things I had to throw out now that i had some time on the computer. Back to seeing why my scooter has so much water on the inside......damn.......

Scott

CCR Cave

Hi chaps,

I am not sure if I am allowed to say this sort of thing, so please accept my apologies if I am out of line.

Anyway, just for your info, Tom (Mount) isn't the only chap running CCR Cave courses over in Florida. We pretty much run regulat trips over there and to France for all sorts of cave things icluding CCR Cave. Next run over to USA is November.

Martin Robson

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

Didn't I mention Martin, you can only do posts like this after bribing me in orange revels ;)

FYI, Martins website is http://www.eau2.com

New Member markconrad is an unknown quantity at this point markconrad's Avatar

I'm interested

Reply: I'm new to this site and just saw your notice. I live in Houston and make regular trips to the Yucatan for cave diving. I would be interested in hooking up with your group if there's enough notice. For those certified, I know a lot of caves down there and could help guide. Let me know if plans develop.

Quote Originally Posted by schford
    Dear All,

We are thinking of planning an RBW Cave / Cavern trip to Mexico.

The exact format is yet to be worked out but it would have an element of flexibility in it.

Duration would be 7 to 10 days (you choose), time there could be spend guided cave / cavern diving with the potential for one or two days in the carribean sea diving some wrecks and reefs.

We could also organise Cavern and Cave courses.

We would need at least 10 to make this trip viable.....Show of hands if anyone is interested?

Dates dependant on interest...

Stuart

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5