Thread: DEMA and CCR Friendly

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

DEMA and CCR Friendly

Was anyone able to gather any more information/reasons on the direction of "CCR Friendly" or "No CCR Allowed" operators/destinations. There was some talk on the forum prior to DEMA about expressing some group opinion on the recent curtailment of support for CCR with some of the large liveaboard operators or to reinforce those that do support CCR.

Thanks, John

Earning the green stuff.. webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead's Avatar

Re: DEMA and CCR Friendly

Can't answer your question but I would like to recommend along w/ the info you speak of, I'd like to see if we can help these resorts/boats become rebreather friendly. If we could come up with a set of rules that others can adopt along with reasons and explanations for them, perhaps we can remove the stigma that some have regarding rebreathers.

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

I had a discussion with the Aggressor folks about the "no-rebreather policy" and they said that it was totally due to liability issues and no other reason. Apparently they have had a couple of incidents this past year, and they don't want to assume the "risk".

I mentioned that I was disapointed by their stance, and they said "that there were plenty of rebreather friendly boats out there!"

Ladies bring a plate Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jkaterenchuk  View Original Post
    Was anyone able to gather any more information/reasons on the direction of "CCR Friendly" or "No CCR Allowed" operators/destinations. There was some talk on the forum prior to DEMA about expressing some group opinion on the recent curtailment of support for CCR with some of the large liveaboard operators or to reinforce those that do support CCR.

Thanks, John
    I have forgotten the names but 2 operators came up to ISCs booth whilst I was there and asked what they could do to become Meg friendly. What tanks etc. It was good to see in light of the aforementioned bad news. The small guys win every time in my book:)
    WARNING: I contain occasional coarse language, extreme sexual references, nudity, and adult themes, which may offend some people - Usually churchy types.

~~~~~ #417 ~~~~~ PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steve  View Original Post
    I have forgotten the names but 2 operators came up to ISCs booth whilst I was there and asked what they could do to become Meg friendly. What tanks etc. It was good to see in light of the aforementioned bad news. The small guys win every time in my book:)

One of them was mostly likely Spree Expeditions. Capt. Frank had said he went over to talk with ISC. Spree Expeditions is the operator that we were discussing on this thread.