Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: No Dema infos , yet

Bubbless Box of Death Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis's Avatar

Re: No Dema infos , yet

That was the take I got from it......

I was kinda surprised that nobody else was interested in tossing some kit into the pool towards the end of the party and swimming it. But - there were really only two "homebuilds" there - which also surprised me more than a little! I expected a bunch of homebuild stuff, if not full systems.....

Banned - Threat of Litigation AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevin stone  View Original Post
    Hi Alex
    Any idea when yours will be avaliable?
    Also will it be avaliable as a aftermarket mod?
    Thanks
    Kevin
    Some of our clients are planning a pile of units using our controller at DEMA 2007 to buy right off the stand.

It is working now (the Micropore Extendair stand at DEMA had a working unit). We will continue testing throughout next year to shake out any other problems. We expect to have CE approval January, NORSOK in March/April.

The main activity now is the hard tooling: it has to be fully injection moulded in order to meet the price points. The electronics is designed & tooled for volume production already.

On the safety case, there is one failure mode right now that we have not passed yet (user doing a flush, with O2 off, then going for the surface: sounds rare, but if your O2 fails, that is what users tend to do. Even flushing on air, doing this trick on a rebreather will kill you). There is a 10% bypass around the cut-off valve, and that is enough to breathe in from. If the user just breathed out all would be OK, but they breathe in from the loop, causing the PPO2 to fall.

The unit is safe under all the other fault conditions listed in the fault list on our web site, from both top down FMECA and bottom up FMECA. One of the things I have to do this month is publish the bottom up mechanical FMECA.

Alex

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AD_ward9  View Original Post
    It is working now (the Micropore Extendair stand at DEMA had a working unit).
    Could you post a pic of the working unit ? A pic of it at the Micropore stand is adequate...

I just want to see the size/shape of this device.

Bubbless Box of Death Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis's Avatar

We have video footage of it.... it'll be in the "final cut" I'm sure :)

Banned - Threat of Litigation AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie  View Original Post
    Could you post a pic of the working unit ? A pic of it at the Micropore stand is adequate...

I just want to see the size/shape of this device.
    I just uploaded some pictures of it and its parts onto the Open Revolution Gallery.

Both the sports and the commercial unit takes the Micropore 5" EACs, so the scrubber is 125mm x 195mm, so you can see the scale.

Alex

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

I just uploaded some pictures of it and its parts onto the Open Revolution Gallery...
    Is it possible to implement the CO2 sensor as a 3rd-party device for other units, or only for the OR unit ?

Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie  View Original Post
    Is it possible to implement the CO2 sensor as a 3rd-party device for other units, or only for the OR unit ?
    Unfortunately the sensor has a lot of stuff around it to make it work. It needs all of the scrubber stick (we use the heat from the scrubber to assist movement of water vapour from around the sensor), the electronics which it connects to (very little is on the stick: it goes straight into 24 bit ADCs, and 18 bit DACs), power management, displays etc.

Iain's works as a plug in unit.

We are working on a plug in unit, using a totally different principle, but it is still experimental (unlike the main OR unit).

Alex

The "hockey puck" (small puck at that) which I was shown at the party apparently needs a small signal-conditioning board, but is conveniently set up to produce (with the board) an output that looks suspiciously like an O2 sensor's profile, making programming (or displaying) its output value VERY convenient.

It wasn't in a "blow here and read your CO2" type of configuration tho, so how "real" it is in terms of actual "buy and install" is "unproven" :)

RBW Member TheMacallan is on a distinguished road TheMacallan is on a distinguished road TheMacallan's Avatar

....this looks soooo good. Small streamlined elegant. What were the "party boys" doing when there was stuff like this too see.
    See it here
    Attached Images

Rb Aficionado SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS's Avatar

I just uploaded some pictures of it and its parts onto the Open Revolution Gallery.

Alex
    Hi Alex,
    Thanks for your pictures. May I ask,what are the Two long silver cylindrical tubes (with Allen head) attached to the exterior of the scrubber head for ?

Thanks in advances,

Wei Lan

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast