+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: News about IANTD

Administrator ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE's Avatar

News about IANTD

------------------------FOX NEWS ALERT-----------------

The International Association of Nitrox and Technical Divers (IANTD) has been sold to Mr. Rudi Asseer, a Canadian from Ottawa, Canada, according to a highly placed source in the company. Mr. Asseer is reported to have financial interests in both DiveRite, and Farallon Industries, as well as others.

Mr. Tom Mount will remain in a Grand Emeritus status in both an advisory and training capacity. Cmdr. Joe Dituri, USN, will remain as interim Training Director. The office in Miami Shores is to close approximately the 30th of June, and will be moved into part of the office structure currently operated by DiveRite, at least for the near future.

This is seen as a striking advance for IANTD as an organization, since the influx of capital and increase in organizational structure will allow IANTD to accomplish rapidly many of the projects that have been moving slower than what was desired, due to manpower and monetary constraints. One such project is the start-up of a new IANTD website with many new and exciting features.

Official publication of this announcement is expected within the week. Stay tuned for further details.

----------------------------------------------------------------

RBW Member Chris Gregory is an unknown quantity at this point Chris Gregory's Avatar
    Rob,

Is this really considered good news? I didn't notice any improvement in TDI when Rudi was running the show in Canada. It seems to me their would be a conflict of interest issue here.

ZeroEmissions Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad's Avatar
    Sentinel/Boris/Evo/Liberty

HomeBuild, AP Classic, Path

Quote Originally Posted by TechBlue
    Rob,

Is this really considered good news? I didn't notice any improvement in TDI when Rudi was running the show in Canada. It seems to me their would be a conflict of interest issue here.
    What does it mean? Rudi is also owner of TDI Canada?
    In such case I really think the same main problem: conflict of interest.

Nad

RBW Member Chris Gregory is an unknown quantity at this point Chris Gregory's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nad
    What does it mean? Rudi is also owner of TDI Canada?
    In such case I really think the same main problem: conflict of interest.

Nad
    Brian,

Not any more I believe that TDI set a time limit for Rudy, I was referring to the Dive Rite IANTD cohabitating rather than the agencies. Good luck with the Ouroboros btw you lucky devil :)

ZeroEmissions Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad's Avatar
    Sentinel/Boris/Evo/Liberty

HomeBuild, AP Classic, Path

Brian,
    Brian?

Not any more I believe that TDI set a time limit for Rudy, I was referring to the Dive Rite IANTD cohabitating rather than the agencies
    Well, it could be a manufacturer discrimination then.

Good luck with the Ouroboros btw you lucky devil :)
    Thanks mate but would be better.:D

Nad

Administrator ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE's Avatar
    Well, guys, I guess only time will tell about whether or not this will be advantageous for IANTD, or the the road to obscurity. I guess for the time being, I wiil just remain hopeful and believe what I was told about the new possibiblities.

As for you, Nad, you are a lucky . All I can say is: "You da MAN!!!! I got to fondle the Ourobouros at the last DEMA, and told Kevin that it was a real beauty; just an absolute work of art. I sure wish I could justify that price tag in some way.

Rob

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

It seems to me their would be a conflict of interest issue here.
    As a manufacturer (competing with DiveRite) I would certainly think so.

On the other hand IANTD isn't as exclusive for RB training as it used to be.
    TDI and PSA have Jetsam instructors, ANDI is working on the course.
    ANDI has also plans to offer Meg training. So it seems manufacturers
    like to keep their options open. ;)

Safe for the Ouroboros and out of production Cis there are multiple
    agency options.

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Quote Originally Posted by ROB DAVIE
    Well, guys, I guess only time will tell about whether or not this will be advantageous for IANTD, or the the road to obscurity. I guess for the time being, I wiil just remain hopeful and believe what I was told about the new possibiblities.

As for you, Nad, you are a lucky . All I can say is: "You da MAN!!!! I got to fondle the Ourobouros at the last DEMA, and told Kevin that it was a real beauty; just an absolute work of art. I sure wish I could justify that price tag in some way.

Rob
    Rob,
    I think you know me well enough, but others may not so I'll be very careful as how I word this reply. I don't want anyone looking on this as one agency rep trying to put down another..

I think new blood at IANTD could be a good thing, but th person who purchased it can cause alot of harm if precutions are not taken and intentions are not clearly expressed. There probably should be some type of agreement with clear limitations and penalties if proven they were violated..

for example, a clause stating certification info will not be used for marketing purposes, and a listed penalty if violated.. something like this could be easily proven for direct mailings but more difficult for indirect marketing..

I don't know what the agreement IANTD has with their instructors and facilities with regard to marketing to their (facilities and instructor) customers. I can only speak of agencies I am with, Especially ANDI since I am part of the "inner circle"..

If I was a manufacturer (of ANY eqpt not just RBS) a store owner or instructor, I would have these questions..

a) Will he use certification records to try and sell additionoal eqpt whether it be through direct mailings or indirectly by giving the record to their own local dealers.. Even though they would be only one agency among many, they have alot of data normally not available about a competitor, and by changes in cert levels they could guage a success/failure of a particular marketing strategy.

Cert records could be a good source for leads, every student thats advanced nitrox already is a good person to mail about rebreathers, or any of the "tech" gear that DR sells..

Every RB cert is definately someone you may try to market another rb to..

b) Every cert that the agency processes for a competitor product is potentiall a $$ in the pocket to compete against them.. I see this differently than making a deal with another company to exclusively market a product becasue there would be no direct sharing of company records and monies.. I would definately want some form of guarantee for continued recognition.. (a way to get moneys back out of your competitor's pocket)

c) are there going to be special deals for people that support both companies over someone who only deals with one of them....

I like Tom and get along with him well, and I wish Rudi the best of luck in his new endeavor...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

Scuba Imports Australia Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris's Avatar
    rEVO III rMS

Inspo, Kiss, Prism, Meg, Pos

Wonder if it will end up like Halcyon and DIR ?

hehe I can see all the IANTD boys runinng around in their brand spanking new Transpacs...

Cheers
    Chris

Joe,

That was a good post, and your points are thoughtful and well taken. I'm afraid that those items are either occurring, or not, on a level above my pay grade. While my chain of command runs from Tom to Joe to me, the business dealings on that level are not in my sphere of responsibility. We will just have to wait and see!

Chris,

I hate to admit it, but I've had a Transpac and (shudder) the dual 100lb BWOD from DiveRite for years!

Cheers all!!!

Rob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast