+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Evolution Build Up

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Talking Evolution Build Up

Dear all please see DaveBs superb Evolution Build UP article.

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/inspiration-evolution-rebreather-articles/2004-evolution-buildup.html

Thanks Dave!

Stuart
    Last edited by Louby Lou; 29th December 2005 at 22:21.

RBW Writer DaveB is on a distinguished road DaveB is on a distinguished road DaveB's Avatar
    Thanks Stuart,

I've just noticed that the last photo didn't make it - for anyone interested in the wrist display during a pre-breathe the photo is in the gallery.

This should be a shortcut to it.

Cheers

David

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

fixed

Duly fixed - thanks Dave greeat article - have some green.

Stuart

RBW Writer MAD is on a distinguished road MAD is on a distinguished road MAD's Avatar

Thumbs up

Dave,

Excellent breakdown & build up.

Thanks

Stunned that you've actually brocken it down this far already, however it means that if I decide to do the same at least I've got a guide on how it all goes back together.

A couple of question...

You've put the buzzer on the ADV... was this straightforward? I ask 'cos on mine the loop isn't quite big enough. I've still got mine coiled inside the unit... but it is a little difficult to hear.

How do you open the scrubber? They are notoriously difficult when cold to actually lift the lid off after you've undone the three catches. I've made up a plug abd use a pump a little like that on those toy DPV's (Seadoo's) to actually pressure it off... but it shouldn't be this difficult but it does seem to be getting a little easier.

You've had yours a few weeks longer and I appreciate any advice...

Cheers Bud

Mark

RBW Writer DaveB is on a distinguished road DaveB is on a distinguished road DaveB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD
    Dave,

Excellent breakdown & build up.

Thanks

Stunned that you've actually brocken it down this far already, however it means that if I decide to do the same at least I've got a guide on how it all goes back together.

A couple of question...

You've put the buzzer on the ADV... was this straightforward? I ask 'cos on mine the loop isn't quite big enough. I've still got mine coiled inside the unit... but it is a little difficult to hear.

How do you open the scrubber? They are notoriously difficult when cold to actually lift the lid off after you've undone the three catches. I've made up a plug abd use a pump a little like that on those toy DPV's (Seadoo's) to actually pressure it off... but it shouldn't be this difficult but it does seem to be getting a little easier.

You've had yours a few weeks longer and I appreciate any advice...

Cheers Bud

Mark
    The Buzzer loop is pretty tight - I just push it on carefully over one thread at a time. One thing to note is to make sure it is turned as far as possible towards you and away from the flow-stop - otherwise it interferes with the flow stop shutting. I found that with the buzzer curled up in the box, and me wearing a hood, I didn't hear it.

As for getting the scrubber apart. The advice I got was to leave the two hoses on, block the inhale counterlung one off with my hand, and blow down the exhale counterlung one. The top will then pop off. Well, with Clare's this works quite well, but mine is a bit tighter. So I press down on the catches and try and lift the top off for a bit. This doesn't seem to do much but the blow off routine then works. I have used a bit of silicone on the top inch of the scrubber body (i.e. where the 'o' ring rests) and this seems to be making it better.

Custom Title Allowed! Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB
    One thing to note is to make sure it is turned as far as possible towards you and away from the flow-stop - otherwise it interferes with the flow stop shutting.
    I had same problem as you, if buzzer moves away from diver head, it's retainer will block the flowstop from opening it again! Infact I placed it again on ADV side after seeing your pics but do check it each time!

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Farrugia
    I had same problem as you, if buzzer moves away from diver head, it's retainer will block the flowstop from opening it again! Infact I placed it again on ADV side after seeing your pics but do check it each time!
    mines on the other T peice (inside of) two reasons
    1 it doesn't interfere with the ADV
    2 its easier to get on :)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote Originally Posted by Beanie
    mines on the other T peice (inside of) two reasons

1 it doesn't interfere with the ADV
    2 its easier to get on :)
    Are you diving an Evolution - I used to do what you do on an Inspiration - but the hose isn't long enough to reach on my Evo.

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB
    Are you diving an Evolution - I used to do what you do on an Inspiration - but the hose isn't long enough to reach on my Evo.
    no on the inspo
    ah didn't realise the hose was too short all the vision lecis I've seen hav a velcro fitting for the buzzer

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Maximum ****** RebreatherDave has a spectacular aura about RebreatherDave has a spectacular aura about RebreatherDave has a spectacular aura about RebreatherDave has a spectacular aura about RebreatherDave has a spectacular aura about RebreatherDave has a spectacular aura about RebreatherDave's Avatar

Why no screen shots of Evo's dive computer screens?

I have a sneaking suspicion that the I have never seen any of the screen shots of the Evo's dive/deco portion of the computer, only the controller portion screenshots.

Why is that?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast