+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Urgent Re Stolen SATNAV in UK from Dorset Police

RBW Member colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT

Inspiration Vision, rEvo II Hy

Exclamation Urgent Re Stolen SATNAV in UK from Dorset Police

Hope nobody minds cross posting from YD

IMPORTANT - Message from Dorset Police
    I am investigating a theft of a sat nav. A Yorkshire resident was arrested in Dorset, stealing a sat nav. A search revealed that he had another 2 sat navs with him.
    Interogation of one of these, a TOM TOM ONE shows "favourites addresses" including THE DELPH and WAKIE DIVE. I do not believe that the thief is a diver so I am hoping that these addresses relate to the unit's previous owner.
    Could you please poll your members to see if they have had a sat nav stolen with the above entries. I have other entries that I can use for authentication and the serial number is clearly visible.
    I wish to find the loser of this device so that I can prosecute the offender for the heinous crime of stealing from a diver and so that it can be returned.

Any responses can be directed to me at richard.wilson@dorset.pnn.police.uk or by phone leaving a message including contact details for PC 1826 on 01202 222222.

I would appreciate responses to be made asap as if I am unable to prove that the device is stolen I will have to return it to the thief.

Thank you for your co-operation.

PC1826 Rich WILSON

RBW Member Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy's Avatar

Re: Urgent Re Stolen SATNAV in UK from Dorset Police

TomTom has a home button. The first adress in the favorites is assigned to the home function. I'll e-mail this just in case it has not been considered... I posted here to prevent double posts.

New Member Deepthought_reloaded is an unknown quantity at this point Deepthought_reloaded's Avatar

Re the HOME function on satnav - downside:-

Just be a bit cautious using your real HOME address, if a thieving git breaks into your car finds the SatNav and a keyring with house type keys, it makes it easy for them.

Thieves are on the lookout for the circular mark on the windscreen/dash which the suction cup for the satnav mount leaves...

There have even been a few Valet parking scams where you lose your car, and then they use your satnav to go home and burgle you...

That said I can think of much better things to spend my money on....

"... I wish I had enough money to buy an Elephant"

"Why on earth do you want an Elephant?"

" I dont, I just wish I had enough money to buy one!"

Custom Title Allowed! Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia's Avatar

Maybe it's concidence but Padowan Simon on this forum had his stolen this week! I will drop him a PM and hope for the best

RBW Member Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan's Avatar

Thanks for the PM Pierre. Have already seen this, and spoken to the police - it's not mine unfortunately here's hoping it surfaces somewhere...

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar

If the thief was a northener and he swiped the Sat Nav up here then the Delph is probably Eccleston Delph, Wakie dive I imagine would be the dive centre in Wakefield.

RBW Member colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT

Inspiration Vision, rEvo II Hy

Just to clarify :- the policeman concerned is actually a diver as well so does probably know about the various dive sites :p

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by colinicky  View Original Post
    Just to clarify :- the policeman concerned is actually a diver as well so does probably know about the various dive sites :p
    Fair enough. Can you offer him £30 from me for it? :)

+ Reply to Thread